The Address Field Operations solution delivers a set of capabilities that help you solicit missing or inaccurate address information from internal and external stakeholders, verify these submissions in the office or create work assignments and dispatch staff to verify and collect new addresses information from a mobile device in the field.
In this topic, you’ll learn how to use the solution by assuming the role of a user and performing the workflows below.
Submit a missing address
You will first assume the role of an employee in the public works department. When attempting to issue a permit you search for an address, but no result is returned. You will use the Address Crowdsourcing form to report the missing address.
- In a browser, go the Address Crowdsourcing form.
- In the Address Crowdsourcing form, fill in the following details:
Full Road Name
Type E Oak Ave
Zoom and pan in the map to the approximate location of the missing address
Type your name
Type your email address
Type your phone number
- Click Submit.
Assign a missing address for verification
You will now assume the role of a supervisor at an addressing authority. As a supervisor, you are responsible for assigning field crews to verify missing or incorrect address reports from stakeholders. Using the Address Assignments ArcGIS Workforce Classic project, you will create a new assignment using the missing address report and assign it to one of your field workers.
- In a browser, open the Address Assignments ArcGIS Workforce Classic project.
When implementing the Address Field Operations solution in your organization, anyone responsible for verifying address in the field needs to be added to the Address Assignments ArcGIS Workforce Classic project with a Mobile Worker role. Adding users and assign roles can be performed within the configuration settings of the project. To access configuration settings, click Workforce from the app launcher. Click Configure for the project and select the Users tab. For the purposes of this exercise, make sure your named user account is assigned as a dispatcher and as a mobile worker.
- In the map select the address you created in the previous section and click the + Create Assignment link at the bottom of the pop-up window.
- From the Create Assignment pane, fill in the following details.
- For Assignment Type, select Verify Address.
- For Assigned to, select a worker.
- For Priority, select Medium.
- For Due Date, select tomorrow.
- Click Create Assignment.
Verify missing addresses
You will now assume the role of a field worker at an addressing authority. As a field worker, you are responsible for verifying missing or incorrect address reports. Using the Address Assignments ArcGIS WorkforceClassic project, you will review and update the status of your assignments and launch the Address Field Inventory map in ArcGIS Collector to verify missing addresses.
- From your mobile device, open the Workforce app.
- Open the Address Assignments project.
- Select an assignment from the To Do list.
- Click Start.
- Click App Integration and select Collect at Assignment.
This opens the Address Field Inventory map in ArcGIS Collector and defaults to the location of the assignment and drops a pin.
- Click Close to cancel the dropped pin.
- Click the missing address point at the same location.
- Click Edit to modify the details of the address.
At this point you would verify the details of the address and make any necessary changes to the attributes and location of the address.
- For the Verified field, select Yes.
- Click Submit.
The address point will change from red to green and now reflects any edits you made during verification.
- Return to the Workforce app and click Finish to complete the assignment.
Collect new addresses
You will continue your role as a field worker at an addressing authority. You are responsible for collecting addresses for a new subdivision in the community. You will use the Address Field Inventory map in ArcGIS Collector to collect new addresses in the field.
- From your mobile device, open the ArcGIS Collector app.
- Open the Address Field Inventory map.
- Click Add.
- By default, the point will be set at your current location. Adjust the location in the map as necessary and click Add Point.
- Enter the details of the address.
When adding multiple addresses, they will likely have common attributes like the road name and municipality. You can create a copy of an existing address point by selecting it and clicking the Copy button.
- Click Submit.