In this topic, you will learn how to configure the Transit Outreach solution to meet specific needs in your organization.
Load transit system
The Transit Outreach solution includes an ArcGIS Pro project used to convert your GTFS public transit dataset to route and stop features that are used as base layers in the maps and apps included in the solution.
To load your transit routes and stops in the solution, complete the following steps:
- Start the ArcGIS Pro application and open the Transit Data Management project.
- On the View tab, in the Windows group, click Catalog Pane.
- In the Catalog pane, expand the Tasks folder, and double-click the Transit Data Management task.
- In the Task pane, click the How to Use Transit Data Management task group to expand the collection of tasks.
- Click the Load transit routes and stops task and follow the steps provided.
Manage service change commenting
Some transit agencies offer riders the ability to provide their feedback on proposed service changes before they are implemented. This information is used by the transit agency to help decide if they should move forward with the change.
The Transit Service Change app allows riders to view upcoming service changes and by default allows riders to add a comment on the change. Transit agencies can also control when the commenting period is open or closed or disable commenting completely.
Close commenting period
To close the commenting period, complete the following steps:
- Sign in to your ArcGIS organization and browse to the Transit Service Change app.
- Open the item page and click Configure App.
- Click the Options tab.
- Under Feedback period, click Feedback period closed and provide an appropriate window title and message for the Feedback period closed window title.
- Click Save to save the app configuration.
- Click Close.
To disable comments, complete the following steps:
- If necessary, sign in to your ArcGIS organization and browse to the Transit Service Change app.
- Open the item page and click Open in Map Viewer.
- Click Details and click the Contents button.
- On the Comments layer, click More Options and click Remove.
- Click Yes, remove table.
- Click Save.
Add route name pick list
The Transit Rider Reporter survey can be used by the public to submit compliments, problems, questions, and suggestions related to their experience on public transit. Adding accurate names to the routes pick list ensures data consistency and ensures that Transit Rider Reporter functions properly with other apps included in the Transit Outreach solution.
To add your list of route names to the pick list, complete the following steps:
- Install ArcGIS Survey123 Connect.
- Start ArcGIS Survey123 Connect and sign in to your ArcGIS organization.
- Click Transit Rider Reporter to download the survey.
- In the Download window, click Download and click OK.
- Click Transit Rider Reporter again to open the survey.
- In the XLSForm Modified window, click Yes.
- On the toolbar on the side, click Open XLSForm Spreadsheet.
- In the Microsoft Excel spreadsheet, click the choices tab. This tab comprises all the selectable options for survey questions.
- Update the name and label for routes with your route names. Add additional route names and rows as needed, and if necessary, delete all placeholder information.
The choices tab includes Rail, Streetcar, and Bus route types. This allows the Transit Rider Reporter to present the appropriate pick list based on the rider's category selection.
- Save the Microsoft Excel spreadsheet and preview your changes in ArcGIS Survey123 Connect.
- In ArcGIS Survey123 Connect, click Publish on the toolbar to publish your changes to the Transit Rider Reporter form.