The ArcGIS Solutions app can be used to deploy the Special Event Operations solution in your ArcGIS Online organization. After deploying solution to your ArcGIS Online organization, configure the solution to meet specific needs in your organization and load your data if needed.
Preset event identifier
All of the special events and associated assets are stored in common hosted feature layers. Many of the applications in the solution use an event identifier to filter the maps for a specific event. To ensure that the features are being tagged with the appropriate event identifier, update the editing applications to use preset values in the Event ID field.
- Sign into your ArcGIS Online organization and search for the Special Event Site Map app.
- Click Edit Application.
- Click Widget in the upper left corner of the app.
- Click Set the widgets in this controller.
- Hover over the Create Site Map widget and click the edit icon to Configure this Widget
- In the Configure Create Site Map dialog click Attribute Actions.
- Scroll down under Preset, hover over Event ID and click the Edit icon under Actions.
- Uncheck Hide in preset value display.
- Click OK.
- Click OK to close the Configure Create Operations Map dialog.
- Click Save.
- Repeat the above steps for the Special Event Operations Map app.
Tip:When you launch the Special Event Site Map from the Special Event Manager the Event ID will be automatically exposed to ensure you are updating the correct features.
Extend event survey
The Special Event Operations solution includes a Special Event Form which is a survey that can be used by public safety event planners to catalog community or special events. Review the pre-configured questions and adjust as necessary to remain in compliance with your organizational policies. In addition, ensure you secure the survey and underlying layers and only share the content with appropriate members of your organization.
Update feature layer views
The Special Event Operations solution includes a series of views created from feature layers provided with the solution. Organizations may want to modify the Special Event Form by first adding new fields to the feature layers then configuring the surveys to utilize the newly created fields. When doing so, the new fields must be exposed in the appropriate views. Additionally, some views are created by joining two sources together and these views must be recreated with the same name and url after a new field is added.
When adding new questions, begin with the steps listed below. For changes such as removing questions or formatting the survey proceed to the Modify event form survey section.
To add one, or more, fields to a layer and recreate the views, complete the following steps:
- Sign into your ArcGIS Online organization and search for the Special Events hosted feature layer.
- Add a new field to a layer in the Special Events hosted feature layer.
- Navigate to the Special Event Permit stakeholder view in your contents.
Note:In some cases, you may have existing permits you want to load into the special event layer. The stakeholder view is designed to provide a read only view of the event form when accessed from Special Event Manager.
- Click the Open in Map View down arrow, then Add to new map.
- Click the More Options ellipses on the appropriate layer or table, then click Set View Definition. Click Define Fields.
- Scroll to the newly created field, check the box and click Apply.
Modify the event form survey
To modify the Special Event Form survey, complete the following steps:
- Install ArcGIS Survey123 Connect.
- Start ArcGIS Survey123 Connectand sign in to your ArcGIS Online organization.
- Click Special Event Form to download the survey.
- Click Special Event Form again to open the survey.
- On the left pane, click Open XLSForm Spreadsheet.
- In the Microsoft Excel spreadsheet, click on the choices tab. This tab comprises all the selectable options for survey questions.
- Revise the survey to reflect your special event form needs.
- Save the Microsoft Excel spreadsheet and preview your changes in ArcGIS Survey123 Connect.
- In ArcGIS Survey123 Connect, click Publish in the left pane to publish your changes.
Note:To view your changes in ArcGIS Survey123, on the Download Surveys page, click Download to get the updated survey.
Add event assets
The Special Event Operations solution includes several layers that can be used to locate event assets and develop health and public safety plans. These layers include several domains to help you get started with the event planning process. Each of these domains can be configured to include any additional features you would like to capture.
To add a new event asset and update the symbology, complete the following steps:
- Sign into your ArcGIS Online organization.
- Click Content and navigate to the folder you deployed the Special Event Operations solution in.
- Search for SpecialEventAssets and open the item details page.
- Click Fields and Event Asset Type.
- Next to List of Values, click Edit.
- Add your additional asset type(s) and click Save.
- Click the Visualization tab.
- Click Change Style and update the style for each new asset you added to the list.
- Repeat steps 7 and 8 and update the style for SpecialEventAssets_operations.
The same steps can be used to modify the SafetyPlanning and HealthSafetyPlanning layers and associated views.
Configure Crowd Counter App
The Special Event Operations solution includes the ability to track the number of people entering and exiting a defined area to ensure the number of people admitted does not exceed the maximum capacity allowed for the size of the area.
Download and set up Crowd Counter App
You will need to setup the Crowd Counter App on your mobile device in order to manage and track crowd capacity. To download and install the Crowd Counter App on your mobile device, follow these steps:
- Download ArcGIS AppStudio Player onto your mobile device.
- Open the app on your mobile device, and sign in to your ArcGIS Online organization.
- Choose the SHARED button, choose the Crowd Counter App icon to download the app.
- Choose the Crowd Counter App icon, and sign in your ArcGIS Online organization again.
- Choose the add button and choose BROWSE PROJECTS, and then choose Crowd Counter to download the project.
- When the download is complete, choose on Crowd Counter, and sign in to your ArcGIS Online organization, choose the Keep me signed in.
The first time you setup your mobile device with the Crowd Counter App, you will be prompted to sign in three separate times, this is expected. After the initial setup, you will no longer be prompted to sign in.