In this topic, you will learn how to configure the My Neighborhood Services solution to meet specific needs in your organization.
My Neighborhood Services can be used to share information about available facilities and services in a community. In some cases, you may have this information in ArcGIS or another business system already.
Review the layers provided with the solution and determine what source data you would like to load. Then, load your existing data into the layers provided with the ArcGIS Solution before sharing the maps or applications.
Once you have determined what source data must be loaded, complete the data loading workflows below.
Load data from a shapefile or file geodatabase
Data for EmergencyResponseFacilities, GovernmentFacilities, LandmarkFacilities, MailShippingFacilities, MedicalFacilities, ParkRecreationFacitilies, and TransportationFacilities can be loaded from a shapefile or file geodatabase by following the steps below:
- Create a .zip file of your shapefile or file geodatabase.
- In your ArcGIS organization, browse to the feature layer you wish to populate.
- On the feature layer item details page, Click Update Data and select Append Data to Layer.
- Under Filename, click Choose File.
- Navigate to your .zip file and click Open.
- Under Contents, select Shapefile or File Geodatabase.
- Click Upload and Continue.
- Choose the layer that you wish to load data into and the layer that contains the updated data.
- Uncheck Update existing features.
- Click Show field matching and map the fields between the two layers.
- Click Apply Updates.
To make additional updates to a hosted feature layer, see Append data to layers.
Follow the steps below to connect to a routing service and configure the widget to enable directions in the app.
To configure an app to use routes and provide directions, complete the following steps:
- Sign in to your ArcGIS Online organization.
- Browse to the ArcGIS Web AppBuilder app item page and click Edit Application.
- Browse to the Near Me widget and click the Edit button.
- Click the Direction Settings tab, click Set, and choose a routing service.
- Click Next and choose one or more route layers, click OK, and click OK again.
- Save the app and share it with everyone.
- Open the app.
Esri premium content
The app draws routes and provides directions using the ArcGIS Online World Route Service. This service requires subscriber access because it consumes credits. Before generating routes, open the Attributes tab of the configuration of your ArcGIS Web AppBuilder app and configure Subscriber content access with the URL of the routing service used by your widget.