Extend hospitalization and PPE survey
The Hospitalization and PPE Inventory solution includes a survey, the Hospitalization and PPE Report, that can be used to understand the capacity of hospitals and status of their PPE inventory.
Many organizations may want to modify the survey, remove the hospitalization questions, and only inventory PPE available for essential personnel. If that is the case, you can hide the hospitalization questions in the survey and modify the Hospitalization and PPE Dashboard.
Review the preconfigured questions and adjust as necessary to remain in compliance with your organizational policies and any applicable laws. In addition, ensure you secure the survey and underlying layers and only share the content with appropriate members of your organization.
Organizations may want to modify the Hospitalization and PPE Report survey by adding new survey questions. When adding new questions, begin with the Update feature layer views section below. For changes such as removing questions or formatting the survey, proceed to the Modify Hospitalization and PPE survey section.
Add new fields
The Hospitalization and PPE Inventory solution includes a series of views created from the HospitalizationPPEs feature layer. Organizations may want to modify the Hospitalization and PPE Report survey by first adding new fields to the feature layers and then configuring the survey to utilize the newly created fields.
To add one or more fields to a layer and re-create the views, complete the following steps:
- Add a new field to a layer in the Facilities hosted feature layer.
- Browse to the view in your contents.
- Click the Open in Map View arrow and click Add to new map.
- Click the More Options button on the appropriate layer or table, and click Set View Definition. Click Define Fields.
- Scroll to the newly created field and check the box. Click Apply.
The new field is added to the view’s definition.
Update feature layer views
To update a join view, complete the following steps:
- Browse to the join view in your contents (for example, HospitalizationPPEs_current).
- On the item details page, scroll to the URL section. Click the Copy button.
- Paste the copied URL into Microsoft Notepad or another text editor for reference.
Note:The feature layer name will be used below when re-creating the join. The name can be found after services in the URL structure and may also contain a unique GUID, for example, HospitalizationPPEs_current_a45f71a48587425c9b90ee5527cd26d1.
- Delete the existing join view (for example, HospitalizationPPEs_current).
- Add the source hosted feature layer to a new web map (for example, HospitalizationPPEs).
- Click AnalysisSummarize Data, Join Features.
- Configure the join using the parameters listed below:
- Name of join—Choose HospitalizationPPEs_current.
- Target layer—Choose Facilities.
- Layer to join to the target layer—Choose Hospitalization and PPE Reports.
- Fields to match—Choose name = name.
- Join operation—Choose Join one to one.
- Define which record is kept—Choose Order by create_date/Newest.
Ensure each new join view uses the names listed above. If you use the same names, the layers in the map and the existing dashboard widgets do not need to be reconfigured. If your join view contained a unique GUID, the new join view needs to be named with the unique GUID.
- If necessary, uncheck Use current map extent. Check Create results as hosted feature layer view.
- Update the Hospitalization and PPE Dashboard to account for the new fields you added to the layers.
Modify the Hospitalization and PPE survey
To modify a Hospitalization and PPE Report survey, complete the following steps:
- Install ArcGIS Survey123 Connect.
- Start ArcGIS Survey123 Connect and sign in to your ArcGIS organization.
- Click Hospitalization and PPE Report to download the survey.
- Click Hospitalization and PPE Report again to open the survey.
- In the left pane, click Open XLSForm Spreadsheet.
- In the MicrosoftExcel spreadsheet, click the choices tab. This tab contains all the selectable options for survey questions.
- Revise the survey to reflect your facility management needs.
- Save the Microsoft Excel spreadsheet and preview your changes in ArcGIS Survey123 Connect.
- In ArcGIS Survey123 Connect, click Publish in the left pane to publish your changes.
To view your changes in ArcGIS Survey123, on the Download Surveys page, click Download to download the updated survey.