In this topic, you will learn how to configure the Community Data Aggregation solution to meet specific needs in your organization.
Set up data aggregation project
Before you begin aggregating data, create a new ArcGIS Pro project, install the Data Assistant add-in, and add the Data Assistant ribbon to the project so you can access the tools and features of the add-in.
Data Assistant add-in
The Data Assistant add-In includes a series of tools that have been optimized for migrating data from a source dataset to a target dataset that may have a different data structure. It includes a series of predefined methods to automatically populate attributes when migrating data to the target dataset. For example, one method concatenates multiple source fields into a single target field. Other methods help you extract the left or right characters from a field, or split a single source field into multiple target fields.
To use the Data Assistant add-in, you must install the Data Assistant add-In on each ArcGIS Pro machine that will be used to migrate data from a source dataset to one, or more, target datasets.
To install the Data Assistant add-In, complete the following steps:
- Deploy the Community Data Aggregation solution.
- Navigate to the Content section of your ArcGIS organization.
- Click the DataAssistant item to open the item details page and click the Download button to download the add-in.
- Extract the DataAssistant.zip.
- Close any open or running ArcGIS applications.
- Using Windows Explorer, browse to the DataAssistant folder.
- Double-click DataAssistant.esriAddInX to run the installer.
- Click the Install add-In button.
Data aggregation project
An ArcGIS Pro project and the Data Assistant add-in are used to migrate community datasets from one, or more, source datasets to a target dataset.
To create a new data aggregation project, complete the following steps:
- In ArcGIS Pro, click Add Data and browse to the My Content folder in the active Portal. Select the CommunityAddresses or CommunityParcels layer which deployed with the solution.
- Click Add Data and browse to your source data. Add your source data to the map.
- Click on the Data Assistant ribbon. Ensure the Data Assistant add-in loaded and is accessible in ArcGIS Pro.
- Save the data aggregation project.
The Configure Data Mapping dialog allows you to configure settings in a selected source-target configuration file.
The Data Assistant file properties define the active source-target configuration file and enable you to further configure the source dataset, target dataset, and replace settings.
Source-Target Configuration File
The active source-target configuration file for Data Mapping.
The path to the source layer for the active configuration file.
Replace By Field Value
When enabled, defines the selection query for the target layer that will be used when the Replace Data tool is executed.
The path to the target layer for the active configuration file.
The Data Assistant field methods define the actions to occur when migrating data from a source dataset to a target dataset. They can be used to populate new values in the target dataset or perform more advanced field mapping that may be necessary when the target dataset has a different data structure.
The following Data Assistant methods can be configured in your data migration project:
Copy source field values to target fields.
Sets a default value for a field.
Set target values based on source value.
Change the case of the source text string.
Concatenate source values into a string.
Extract a number of characters from the left.
Extract a number of characters from the right.
Extract a set of characters from a string.
Split a string into parts and use one part.
Construct an if/else statement.
Load and map domains values.
Data Assistant settings
The following Settings can be configured for Data Assistant.
When updated, the Data Assistant Match Library will assistant with automatically creating field mappings based on configuration files you create.
Update Match Library
The Match Library will be updated to include the settings in the currently selected source-target configuration file.
Clear Match Library
All saved settings in the Match Library will be erased.