The best way to get to know ArcGIS Online is to start using it. If you haven't joined an ArcGIS Online organization and don't have an account yet, sign up for a free trial or create a free personal account.
The ArcGIS Online quick exercises guide you through meaningful real-world scenarios that let you experience the powerful capabilities of ArcGIS Online for yourself. As you work through the exercises, you'll become familiar with key capabilities and workflows that will both help you be successful in your current work and inspire you to explore ArcGIS Online further on your own.
The ArcGIS Online quick exercises are as follows:
- Create a map—Learn the basics of web mapping in ArcGIS Online as you assume the role of an investigative reporter looking for a lead on a story about hospitals in Clark County, Nevada.
- Create a scene—Create a 3D scene of Portland, Oregon's urban trees.
- Explore spatial data—Visually explore a map to find the best location for launching luxury travel services for baby boomers.
- Solve a spatial problem—Use analysis tools to determine which campgrounds are within the range of an invasive weed.
- Create an app—Create a web app to share your business site proposal.
- Share a map—Learn the basics of sharing content in ArcGIS Online as you assume the role of a web content creator for the City of Red Deer, Alberta.