You can rename, remove, and change the order of layers in a map.
If you do not have privileges to create content, you can still organize layers to explore data by clicking Modify Map.
- Verify that you are signed in and have privileges to create content.
- Open the map viewer, click Details, and click Contents.
- Organize your layers in any of the following ways:
- To rename a layer, browse to the feature layer, click More Options , click Rename, enter a new layer name and click OK.
- To remove a layer, browse to the feature layer, click More Options , and click Remove.
- To change the order of a layer within the map, browse to the feature layer, click More Options and click Move up or Move down. You can also click and drag the layer to reorder it. Icons indicate whether or not you can drop the layer in a specific location on the map contents.
Layers are always displayed on top of a basemap and feature layers are always displayed on top of heat maps and tileset layers (map, imagery, and tiles). Depending on the type of layers you have in your map, you may not be able to move them all up or down. For example, if you have one map layer and three feature layers, you can reorder the feature layers, but you cannot move the map layer on top of them. You cannot reorder a KML layer or a basemap.
- Click Save to save your changes to the map.