The advanced configuration tool is used to configure an existing installation of Qt to work with AppStudio. This configuration is not essential for writing and building AppStudio apps and should only be used if you require any of the following capabilities:
- A different version of Qt than is distributed with AppStudio
- Local Make, to generate installation files on your own machine without connection to an ArcGIS organization
Use the advanced configuration tool
The following steps describe how to use the advanced configuration tool:
- Before running the tool, install your desired version of Qt. All versions of Qt can be downloaded from https://www.qt.io/download/. These downloads are typically quite large and can take some time.
- In AppStudio for ArcGIS, click the Edit button in the side panel to open Qt Creator.
- In Qt Creator, choose Tools > External > AppStudio > Advanced Configuration to open the advanced configuration tool.
- In the advanced configuration tool, click Configure AppStudio with Qt Kits.
- Check all platforms that you intend to distribute your app on.
- For each platform, provide the path to the qmake executable for that platform. The location of this qmake file will vary depending on the user and the destination platform. On Windows, the path will be similar to C:/Qt/5.7/android_armv7/bin/qmake.exe.
- Once you have provided all required qmake files, click Continue.
AppStudio is now associated with your separately-installed version of Qt Creator. To reverse this process, select the Remove AppStudio Configuration from Qt option in the advanced configuration tool.