There are two ways to create app installation files: cloud and local.
- Cloud means that ArcGIS will create the installation files for you.
- Local means you'll need to install the development tools locally, and you'll generate the installation files yourself.
To use either method, use the AppStudio Make tool.
The cloud make service requires that your app is stored in ArcGIS. To use the AppStudio Make tool, you'll need an AppStudio for ArcGIS Standard licence.
Create app installation files
Before generating installation files, ensure that you do the following:
- Add your Esri client ID to your app in Settings. For more information, see License your app.
- Associate your certification files with your app in Settings. For more information, see Sign your app.
- Upload your finished app to ArcGIS.
To create an app installation file, complete the following steps:
- Select your app in AppStudio and choose the Make tool.
- Click the Cloud button.
- Check the boxes next to Android, Windows, macOS, iOS, and Linux for
the platforms you require.
At AppStudio 2.1, cloud Make also has options to build Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps. UWP apps are intended to be used across Windows desktop and mobile devices and are shared through the Windows Store.
- Select Analyze Build.
This will display any error messages relating to what might prevent or limit your app's build process, as well as other information such as the email address that will receive update notifications.
- Click Request Build to begin the build process.
A message appears advising you that a build has been requested, and that you'll be kept informed via email. You'll receive emails that advise whether the build was successful, and if not successful, possible troubleshooting options.
The built installation files can be found in the My Apps folder of your organization. If you're updating an app that already has an installation file in this folder, it will be replaced; otherwise, a new installation file will be created.
Test your installation files
You'll receive an email when your installation files have been successfully created. To download these files, do one of the following:
- Download the files directly onto your device from https://appstudio-ota.arcgis.com.
- Scan the QR code for the installation files from http://appstudio.arcgis.com/. Sign in if you haven't already, and on the My Apps page, select your app and hover over the QR code icon to display the code.
You need to have a third-party QR code reader installed on your device to scan this code.
To download the files directly, complete the following steps:
- Go to AppStudio's over-the-air download service. and sign in.
- Select the Install button for your app.
- Once the app is downloaded, open the installation file on your device and follow the instructions.