Esri has decided to consolidate the ArcGIS StreetMap Premium product suite to a single primary data vendor. Starting in the first quarter of 2018, we will transition the StreetMap Premium TomTom offering to a StreetMap Premium HERE offering. The two data products are nearly identical. They deliver the same capability, file structure, and look and feel.
This transition allows us to deliver the best possible content products. The new StreetMap Premium product offers many benefits to your organization, including the following:
- Consistency across the ArcGIS platform—The same StreetMap data is used within ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Navigator, ArcGIS StreetMap Premium Desktop, ArcGIS Enterprise, and ArcGIS Runtime. You will see consistent mapping, geocoding, and routing results across the platform.
- New geocoding technology—Esri's next-generation geocoding capability is delivered to you in a new format of geocoding locators, and in a smaller file size. Results are faster, more accurate, and more configurable.
- Global coverage—Regardless of where you need data, StreetMap Premium has consistent content in all regions of the world.
- Functional capabilities—As core ArcGIS software is updated to provide new capabilities, StreetMap Premium data is updated to provide the additional content needed to support those capabilities. Specifically, this includes routing travel modes and geocoding suggestions, with more to come in the future.
Your organization's transition to the new StreetMap Premium product should be seamless:
- Along with access to your usual TomTom data, you will gain access to StreetMap Premium HERE data. Details of how to access this content will be provided soon.
- Your organization may use both versions of the data during this transition period, until the end of your term. If your organization needs an extended transition period, please contact your Esri account manager.
- Once your StreetMap Premium license is set for renewal, you may renew with the StreetMap Premium HERE product at your existing price.
- The last delivery of
StreetMap Premium TomTom will occur as follows:
- For North America, 2018 R1 (July 2018).
- For Europe, 2018 R1 (August 2018).
At Esri, it is our continued goal to provide your organization with the best available map display, geocoding, and routing content available within ArcGIS. We feel confident that this change will provide you with long-term benefits. Please contact your Esri account manager if you have any questions or concerns.