- What is Workforce for ArcGIS?
- How do I get the app?
- Is Workforce designed for a specific industry?
- Which mobile platforms are supported?
- Are public accounts supported?
- What privileges are required to use Workforce?
- What is the licensing of Workforce for ArcGIS?
- What is planned for Workforce?
- How can I give feedback on Workforce?
Workforce for ArcGIS is a mobile solution that uses the power of location-based decision making for better field workforce coordination and teamwork. It is composed of a web app used by project administrators and dispatchers in the office, and a mobile app used by mobile workers on their devices. Organizations using Workforce for ArcGIS get these benefits:
- Everything you need on one device—Mobile workers can easily view and process work assignments, provide updates on work status, and inform others of their location, all from one device.
- Greater agility—Using real-time and location-based information, dispatchers can assign and prioritize fieldwork on the fly and ensure that work is assigned to the right people at the right time.
- Increased productivity—Replace time-consuming and error-prone manual workforce management processes, reduce downtime, and keep projects on schedule.
The Workforce web app is accessed through your portal. If using ArcGIS Online, go to https://workforce.arcgis.com. If using ArcGIS Enterprise, go to https://host.domain.com/webadaptor/apps/workforce/ (where host, domain, and webadaptor are replaced by the information about your portal). The Workforce mobile app is installed from the App Store for iPhone or iPad, or installed from Google Play for Android devices.
If you can't access Google Play, see the technical article about downloading Workforce from Esri.
If you are using ArcGIS Enterprise, Workforce needs to be installed by your administrator. See ArcGIS Enterprise configuration.
The privileges you need to use Workforce depend on the role you will have. Project owners, who create and manage projects, need to have the following permissions:
- Groups: Create, update, and delete
- Content: Create, update, and delete
- Content: Publish hosted feature layers
- Sharing: Share with groups
- Features: Edit or Features: Edit with full control
Dispatchers, who create and assign assignments, and mobile workers, who complete assignments, need to have the Features: Edit or Features: Edit with full control privilege.
Workforce gives you the ability to manage your mobile workforce, including working with assignments and tracking worker status and location. It supports creating, managing, and dispatching projects through the web; working through your assignments on iPhone, iPad, and Android devices; and integrating with Collector, Explorer, Survey123, and Navigator. But there are plans for it to do more! The team is working on the following:
- Offline use of the mobile app
- Allowing mobile workers to assign themselves to assignments
- Providing more options for passing information from Workforce to Collector and Survey123
- Improved mobile worker location tracking capabilities
- Improved battery life for mobile devices
- Improved notifications for mobile workers
These are some of the long-term plans:
- Allowing mobile workers to create assignments
- Increasing dispatcher efficiency with the ability to automatically assign work
- Support for creation of recurring assignments
- Support for adding additional fields to the Assignments feature service for use by dispatchers and mobile workers