Before ArcGIS Enterprise users can create projects and manage mobile workers through Workforce for ArcGIS, you need to set up ArcGIS Enterprise and install Workforce for ArcGIS on your Windows or Linux machine.
To install Workforce on ArcGIS Enterprise, you need ArcGIS Enterprise 10.5.1 or later, including the following components, either on the same machine or separately in a distributed environment:
Download the setup
Download the Workforce setup to install it on your machine.
- Log in to the My Esri site with your Esri Account that is tied to your customer number.
- Click My Organizations and click Downloads.
If you are a member of multiple organizations, make sure the name and customer number of the organization you want to work with displays in the upper right corner. If it does not, click Organization List and choose a different organization before clicking Downloads.
All the products that are available to you (based on your customer number) display.
- Find the ArcGIS Enterprise product and version that you want to deploy Workforce to, and click View Downloads—for example, ArcGIS Enterprise (Windows) 10.5.1, or ArcGIS Enterprise (Linux) 10.5.1.
- Expand the Apps section.
- Click Download for the Workforce for ArcGIS setup, and save it to your machine.
Install on Windows
Once you have met the requirements, take the following steps to install Workforce on a Windows machine:
- Browse to the location of the downloaded installation file, extract the archive file, and double-click the setup.exe file.
The setup program detects the ArcGIS Enterprise components on your machine, verifying that you have Portal for ArcGIS. If it is not detected, the program closes.
- Follow the directions in the installation wizard. Make sure to read the license agreement and accept it, or exit if you do not agree with the terms.
The default installation directory for the Workforce application is C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Portal\apps.
Install on Linux
Once you have met the requirements, take the following steps to install Workforce on a Linux machine:
- Sign in to your machine as a user with administrative privileges.
- Browse to the location of the downloaded installation file and extract the archive file.
- Run the setup command.
When the setup completes, you are ready to use Workforce. Use a browser and type the URL to Workforce, for example, https://host.domain.com/webadaptor/apps/workforce (where host, domain, and webadaptor are replaced by the information about your portal). Click Resources in the app to access help.
If you no longer need to use Workforce for ArcGIS, you can uninstall it from ArcGIS Enterprise.
- Open the Control Panel and click Programs and Features.
- In the Programs list, right-click Workforce for ArcGIS and click Uninstall.