This page describes features of Survey123 that are planned or in progress.
For a list of known error messages that you may receive when saving or publishing a survey, see Troubleshoot.
To report or learn more about bugs in Survey123, visit Support.
- My link to open Navigator for ArcGIS to a specific location isn't working.
- Sending one survey sends all surveys currently in the outbox.
- Attempting to send pending surveys fails, displaying error code 0 with no description.
- While I can edit a survey that contains photos, when I take a new photo, the original is not replaced.
- The inbox appears to hang during a query.
- My inbox query is only returning 1,000 records when I know there are more than that in the feature service.
- I am unable to edit survey data from a nonfederated feature service.
- Browser-based sign in doesn't automatically return to the app on Windows and Linux.
- The camera view on iPhone is rotated 90 degrees when I hold the device in landscape.
- Date fields with appearances that are left blank default to the 1st of January, 1970, when opened from the inbox.
While I can edit a survey that contains photos, when I take a new photo, the original is not replaced.
This can be one of several reasons.
- The number of records being returned by the inbox query may be very large. It's recommended that your list of surveys to edit be short.
- The inbox query created when authoring the survey is invalid. Currently, no syntax checking is performed by Survey123. This is planned for a future release.
- The inbox query created when authoring the survey includes functions. Currently, functions are not supported in inbox queries.
My inbox query is only returning 1,000 records when I know there are more than that in the feature service.
This is a known limitation of browser-based sign in with Windows and Linux operating systems. These platforms instead provide a string of text to paste into the app that will complete the sign in process. This workaround is intended to be replaced by the functionality seen in other platforms in the future.
This is an issue with the camera view on an iPhone specifically; the issue is not present on an iPad. It does not affect the orientation of the photo, which remains correctly in landscape. As a workaround, locking your phone's rotation will allow you to take photos while holding the phone in landscape, although it will initially be saved in portrait and should then be rotated.
Date fields with appearances that are left blank default to the 1st of January, 1970, when opened from the inbox.
There is currently no empty value handling supported for using the year or month-year appearance types for date questions. These controls cannot display and do not have an empty value option. Surveys loaded from the inbox with a date field using these appearance types will default to the 1st of January 1970, the date that Epoch time uses.