The following are some frequently asked questions that map users often have about Navigator.
- How do I get the app?
- What is the licensing of Navigator for ArcGIS?
- How do I get started with the app?
- Why can't I sign in?
- What are the supported platforms and system requirements?
- How can I give feedback on the app?
- Which types of maps are supported in the app?
- What functionality is supported in custom navigation maps?
- Can I edit a map in the app?
- Can I roll back to a previous version of the app?
- How do I search for my organization's assets on the map?
You must have an ArcGIS organizational account provisioned with a Navigator for ArcGIS license to use the app.
If you can't access Google Play, see the technical article about downloading Navigator from Esri.
The following are a couple of common issues when trying to sign in:
- Verify that you typed your user name and password correctly.
- Make sure your account is part of an ArcGIS organization, and that your account is configured with a Navigator for ArcGIS license.
Your ArcGIS organizational administrator is responsible for configuring this license. If you don't have an ArcGIS organizational account, sign up for a free ArcGIS trial. If you are a member of an organization on ArcGIS Online but need a Navigator for ArcGIS trial license added to it, request a free trial on the Navigator ArcGIS Marketplace listing. If you have an ArcGIS Enterprise account but need a Navigator for ArcGIS trial license added to it, have your ArcGIS organizational administrator send an email to email@example.com.
See Device requirements. At the current release, iOS 8 or later and Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) or later are supported.
Navigator supports downloadable navigation maps, including those provided by Esri, and custom navigation maps created in ArcGIS Pro 1.2 or later. See Navigator Map coverage for details about which regions currently have navigation maps that come with Navigator.
If you're connected to ArcGIS Enterprise and you don't see the navigation maps you need, work with your portal administrator to get additional maps registered with your portal.
You can search for your organization's assets on the map just as you would search for any other type of feature. Select Search (Android: , iOS: ), type the name of the asset you're looking for, and select Search on the keyboard. See the Guided Tour for more details. If you're unable to search for the assets you require, talk to your map author about whether he or she needs to create an address locator.