You can allow potential customers to try your app for a specified amount of time before they buy it. You can also extend the trial period.
Set up a trial
- Sign in to ArcGIS Marketplace and go to the Console page.
- In the provider tab, select All Listings to open a list of all your listings.
- Click the Edit Provisions button next to the listing where you want to set up the trial.
- In the Pricing and Messaging section, check the Provide Trial Offer option and select a trial duration.
- Click Save.
- To extend a trial, use the same workflow as managing renewals. From the Active Subscriptions section of the Console, click Edit Provisions next to the trial item you want to extend and update the renewal date.
Changing a trial is not allowed for e-commerce enabled listings.
Change number of members
If your app is licensed to the organization, any member who is part of the group with access to the app can try it. If your app is licensed by member, your trial comes with five licenses by default. Optionally, you can change the number of trial licenses after you set up the trial.
To change the number of members who can access a trial, follow the steps below:
- Click the Edit Provisions button on the right of your listing in the Active Subscriptions section of the Provider tab in the Console page.
- On the Edit Provisions page, change the number of trial licenses to assign.