ArcGIS includes a wide range of apps that help you interact with the maps and data in your organization. Esri web apps and related sites that you have access to through your organization can be launched directly from your site. Click the Apps button in the header of the site and choose the app you want to open.
Open an item
To open an accessible item, follow the steps below. See the listing details for specific information about using the item.
- Open the item in one of the following ways:
- From ArcGIS Online, verify you are signed in, and open the group page where the item is shared. Click the Open arrow under the item thumbnail and click an option, for example, View Application.
- From ArcGIS Marketplace, verify you are signed in and, from the listing details page, click Go To Item.
When you are signed in, ArcGIS Marketplace detects you have access to the listing and displays the Go To Item button.
- Follow the additional instructions for opening specific types of apps and data services:
- Apps—Click the View application link to open the app. Web apps are hosted by the provider. If prompted, sign in with your ArcGIS Online organizational account.
- Web mapping app templates—If you purchased an ArcGIS Online web mapping app template, you can configure Map Viewer to include it in your template gallery.
- Data services—You may see a data service as a basemap in the map viewer gallery, a layer in a map, a layer in a native app, or a layer in ArcGIS Desktop. If prompted, sign in with your ArcGIS Online organizational account.
- Basemaps—If you purchased a basemap data service, you can configure Map Viewer to include it in your basemap gallery.
- iOS apps—Click the Get Application link to go to Apple App Store and download the app. Once you've installed it, you are required to sign in with your ArcGIS credentials.
- Android apps—Click the Get Application link to go to Google Play Store and download the app.
- WPF apps—Click the Download link to download a package file containing the app.
Note:If your organization purchased and assigned apps or data services to you that are licensed by member, you can add these to a map by clicking Add > Browse Subscription Layers in the map viewer.
Open data in ArcGIS Desktop
You can view data services in ArcGIS Desktop by opening the item from ArcGIS Online or by browsing to it directly from ArcMap.
Open from ArcGIS Online
- Browse to the group page where the item is shared.
- Click Open under the item thumbnail.
- Click Open in ArcGIS Desktop.
Open from ArcMap
- Click Add Data and click ArcGIS Online Add Data from ArcGIS Online.
- Click Groups, find the data service you want to open, and click Add.
The data is added to your map.
Keep the following in mind when opening items:
- Web maps do not appear in Add Data from ArcGIS Online.
- Data services from ArcGIS Marketplace are not listed in the Featured section of Add Data from ArcGIS Online; they appear in the Groups section only in the groups that the data services are shared to.
- If your organization is configured as SSL-only, layers referenced as HTTP, and maps created from layers referenced as HTTP cannot be opened in ArcGIS Desktop. Layers must be referenced as HTTPS.