Pop-ups contain descriptive information about the features in each layer in the map. A pop-up displays a header (title) and attribute information based on the columns and rows in your data. Pop-ups display when you click a feature on the map. You can change the way information is presented in the pop-up by changing the header and specifying the fields to display.
Some layers from ArcGIS do not support configuring pop-ups. In these instances, the pop-up option will not be available on the layer's context menu.
To configure a pop-up, complete the following steps:
- In the Contents pane, click the settings button to the right of the layer for which you want to configure pop-ups.
- Click Pop-ups to display the Pop-ups pane.
- Click the On/Off selector below the Layer drop-down box to turn on pop-up display.
The Configure pop-ups section appears below the On/Off selector.
- From the Header menu, select the field you want to display as the header (title) of the pop-up.
- Below the Header menu, each field in your data is listed. Check or uncheck the check box beside each field to specify the information you want to display in the pop-up.
- Click OK when finished.
When you click a feature on the map, the newly configured pop-up displays. click the Zoom to icon on the pop-up to zoom to the selected feature.
If you're displaying the pop-up on a SharePoint list layer, click the Go to item icon on the pop-up to open a new tab in your browser displaying the SharePoint List item attributes for the current feature item.
The Attributes and Infographics options on pop-ups are persistent, meaning that the last selected button determines what is displayed in subsequent pop-ups. For example, if you view infographics in a pop-up and close the pop-up, all other pop-ups will automatically display infographics for selected features. Because viewing infographics consumes ArcGIS service credits, it is good practice to revert to the Attributes display before closing the pop-up.
You can generate a report containing demographic data surrounding the selected feature on the map. Click the Report icon at the lower right of the pop-up to open the report window. For details, see Create reports.
Set up attachments
If you're displaying a SharePoint list layer, click the Show item attachment icon on the pop-up to open a list of hyperlinks to the available attachments for the item. Click the hyperlink to open the attached item.
To set up attachments in your SharePoint list, complete the following steps:
- Browse to and click the desired list.
- Highlight the item you which you want to add an attachment.
- Right-click the item and click Edit Item.
- Click Attach File on the ribbon.
- Click Browse and browse to the file you want to attach.
- Click Open and click OK to exit the attachments page.
- Click Save to save your changes and exit the Edit Item page.
- Click theList tab on the SharePoint List ribbon.
- Click Modify View to modify the list's view.
- Check attachments.
This will allow the Show item attachment icon to display on the pop-up by default.
- Click OK to exit the Modify View page.