With the ArcGIS Maps web part, you can do the following:
- Add web maps and services from ArcGIS, either ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise.
- Share maps and layers on ArcGIS for the public or your organization.
- Display SharePoint lists and connect to external data sources via Business Connectivity Services (BCS).
- Connect to List and Chart web parts via web part-to-web part connections.
- Spatially enable (geocode) items in a SharePoint list.
- Interactively configure the map appearance, layers, and other settings.
- Choose from background maps populated by the basemap gallery of your ArcGIS organization.
- Define the appearance of datasets (symbolize) using basic, class breaks, or unique value symbols.
- Display point features using clustering or heat maps.
- Configure the appearance of pop-up windows. Specify the pop-up window style and fields to display when the user hovers over map features.
- View infographics in pop-up windows that provide rich contextual information about the areas surrounding the features in your map.
- Perform route-based analysis of your data.
- Interactively select and filter data within ring-based or drive-time distances.
- Interactively retrieve additional demographic and contextual information associated with mapped locations.