Do you have an idea for a feature you'd like to see in ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint? Tell the team about it at the ArcGIS Ideas site.
ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint 5.0 is the final release to support SharePoint 2010.
To upgrade to ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint 5.1, ensure that you are using a supported SharePoint version, or upgrade older farms to one of the newer supported versions (SharePoint 2013, 2016, or 2019).
Esri will continue to support existing deployments of ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint running on SharePoint 2010 until Microsoft's official extended support end date for SharePoint 2010. It is strongly recommended that all organizations upgrade their SharePoint farms to a newer version before that date.
ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint 5.1 includes the following updates and enhancements:
- Support has been added for SharePoint 2019.
- Geotag documents with multiple attributes using ArcGIS Map Search.
- Use ArcGIS Map Search to geotag picture libraries.
- Quickly find geotagged features that can be used for geotagging and geosearching.
- Rename ArcGIS Map Search layers.
- The ArcGIS Maps Locate workflow supports IWA and PKI secured environments.
- All app communications are executed through secure HTTPS.
- Improved, centralized configuration experience for configuring multiple site collections.
- New refresh token autorenewal (ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6 and later).
- Multiple bug fixes and improvements have been made.