ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint is deployed as a farm solution (wsp) to Microsoft SharePoint.
For ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint to operate properly, Esri assumes an operational configuration of Microsoft SharePoint.
ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint is supported for use with the following:
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
- Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013
- Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2013
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2016
Esri tests ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint only in software environments certified or supported by Microsoft SharePoint; not all SharePoint-supported environments have been tested or certified. For more information, see the Esri supported environments policy.
ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint does not support SharePoint 2010 templates in SharePoint 2013.
See the system requirements for Microsoft SharePoint for information:
ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint requires an ArcGIS Online organizational subscription or an on-premises ArcGIS Enterprise deployment. It is assumed that the authentication method used to access the platform has been properly configured by your ArcGIS administrator.
ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint 4.2 supports the following ArcGIS versions:
- ArcGIS Online—current version
- Portal for ArcGIS— 10.2 through 10.4.1
- ArcGIS Enterprise— 10.5
Before deploying ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint, the following prerequisites must be met:
- Microsoft SharePoint Server or Foundation, 2010 or 2013 or SharePoint Server 2016 correctly installed and configured
- The following MIME types must be present on the SharePoint server on which ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint is installed:
- .svg image/svg+sml
- Secure store service—By default, ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint uses the Secure Store Service (SSS) to secure ArcGIS credentials and automatically generates a target application during installation; this is the recommended setting. If you don't want to use SSS or if SSS is not available during installation, you must manually generate an encryption key after installation. For more information, see Install ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint. If you choose to use SSS during installation, ensure the Secure Store Service is started and that the service itself is properly configured.
- Follow these steps to access the Secure Store Service and generate a new key:
- On the Central Administration home page, in the Application Management section, click Manage service applications.
- Click the Secure Store Service link.
- Click Generate New Key.
- Exit Central Administration.
- ArcGIS Enterprise—To successfully run the ArcGIS Maps Locate workflow in ArcGIS Enterprise, configure the geocoder service.
- SharePoint 2010—To successfully run the ArcGIS Maps Locate workflow in SharePoint 2010, download the certificatee from ArcGIS Online or your ArcGIS Enterprise instance and import it to SharePoint.
ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint is supported for SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint 2013 on the following operating systems. See the Microsoft SharePoint supported environments information to determine which versions of these operating systems are actively supported:
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- Windows Server 2008 R2
ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint is available in the following languages:
Arabic, Chinese (simplified), Chinese (Traditional Hong Kong), Chinese (Tradition Taiwan), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, and Vietnamese.
The language used in the Windows version of the app is determined by your operating system's language setting. If you are using an unsupported language setting, the app uses English.
Help can be viewed in the following languages:
Arabic, Chinese (simplified), Chinese (Traditional Hong Kong), Chinese (Tradition Taiwan), English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, and Spanish.
The following browsers are supported:
|Browser name||SharePoint 2010||SharePoint 2013||SharePoint 2016|
Internet Explorer 11
Internet Explorer 10
*Latest released version