The ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint setup program allows you to easily deploy to your SharePoint installation.
ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint is a single add-in named ArcGIS Maps that contains the ArcGIS Maps web part, the ArcGIS Maps Locate workflow, and the ArcGIS Map Search add-in.
- ArcGIS Maps web part—Allows you to display and analyze data from SharePoint lists, ArcGIS-hosted feature services, and ArcGIS web maps on an interactive map.
- ArcGIS Maps Locate workflow—Reads specified information from your SharePoint list and generates a new list column containing location information that can be used to plot features on a map.
- ArcGIS Map Search—Allows you to tag documents and document sets with location-based metadata and search for those items using a map.
After you install the app, you must configure it before it can be used.
- Installing ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint requires administrative access to SharePoint. Run the installer with elevated permissions to avoid errors.
- Installing on a site that previously had a beta version of ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint installed is not recommended. Before installing ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint, disable and remove all components containing the beta software or create a new site.
The ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint on-premises (SharePoint 2010, 2013, or 2016) installation includes the following files.
ArcGIS Map Search is supported only on SharePoint 2013 and 2016.
- Setup.exe—Installation program that allows you to deploy ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint to web applications and site collections in your SharePoint farm.
- ESRI.ArcGIS.Mapping.SharePoint.wsp—SharePoint solution package that contains the ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint features, resources, and configuration files.
- EnableAnonymousAccess.ps1—PowerShell script that enables anonymous access to SharePoint lists displayed within the ArcGIS Maps app.
- Documentation—ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint includes a variety of documents to help you install, configure, and get started with the add-ins. It also includes a guide for deploying language packs, and the license agreement.
- Language resource files—Setup resources for supported languages. To install ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint in a language other than English, you must first install the English software, then download and install the appropriate language pack.
Install and deploy ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint on-premises
To install and deploy ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint, do the following:
- Download and extract the contents of the ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint installation ZIP file to a location on the system where SharePoint is installed.
- Right-click the Setup.exe file and choose Run as Administrator to begin the installer. The installer performs a series of checks to ensure that the installation will be successful. If a check fails, the installer provides information about the failure.
- Once the checks have completed successfully, click Next.
If you receive a message that the Secure Store service has not started, start this service on your SharePoint server (not applicable for SharePoint Foundation). See Supported environments for more information.
- Read the End User License Agreement (EULA). If you agree to the terms of the EULA, check the check box and click Next.
- Choose the web applications or site collections on which to enable ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint. In the Web Applications / Site Collections tree, each top-level node represents a SharePoint web application, while each child node represents a site collection. In the following example, ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint is targeted for deployment to the site collection located at http://7win/sites/demo. Once you have selected the target web applications and site collections, click Next.
If you target a web application, the ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint feature is available to all site collections within that web application. Therefore, for site collections that are not checked on this installer page but are within web applications that are checked, the ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint feature is available but not activated.
- Click Next to continue.
- To participate in the Esri User Experience Improvement program, check the Allow Esri to collect information to improve software check box.
- Click Next.
A log of the operations appears.
- Click Close to close the setup program.
When the installation is complete, configure ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint
Install using PowerShell
Use the following PowerShell commands to manually install ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint and ArcGIS Map Search. Be sure to replace the <placeholders> with the information from your system.
Install ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint
# Upload solution package to the farm Add-SPSolution -LiteralPath C:\<download location>\ESRI.ArcGIS.Mapping.SharePoint.wsp # Install the solution to the desired web application Install-SPSolution ESRI.ArcGIS.Mapping.SharePoint.wsp -WebApplication http://<web application name> -GACDeployment # Wait for the solution to complete the install before enabling feature Start-Sleep 15 # Enable the feature on the given site collection Enable-SPFeature -Identity "b432665a-07a6-4cc7-a687-3e1e03e92b9f" -URL http://<web application name>/sites/<MySiteCollectionName>
Install ArcGIS Map Search
# Import the app to the desired site collection $spapp = Import-SPAppPackage -Path "C:\<download location>\ESRI.ArcGIS.Mapping.SharePoint.app" -Site http://<web application name>/sites/<MySiteCollectionName> -Source ObjectModel # Install the app on the site collection Install-SPApp -Web http//<web application name>/sites/<MySiteCollectionName> -Identity $spapp