The setup program included with ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint provides an easy way to deploy to your SharePoint installation.
- Installing ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint requires administrative access to SharePoint. Run the installer with elevated permissions to avoid errors
- Installing on a site that previously had a beta version of ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint installed is not recommended. Before installing ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint, disable and remove all components containing the beta software or create a new site.
The ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint on-premises (SharePoint 2010, 2013, or 2016) installation includes the following files:
- Setup.exe—Installation program that allows you to deploy ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint to web applications and site collections in your SharePoint farm.
- ESRI.ArcGIS.Mapping.SharePoint.wsp—SharePoint solution package that contains the ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint features, resources, and configuration files.
- EnableAnonymousAccess.ps1—PowerShell script that enables anonymous access to SharePoint lists displayed within the ArcGIS Maps app.
- Documentation—ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint includes a variety of documents to help you install, configure, and get started with the apps. It also includes a guide for deploying language packs, and the license agreement.
- Language resource files—Setup resources for supported languages. To install ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint in a language other than English, you must first install the English software, then download and install the appropriate language pack.
Install and deploy ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint on-premises
Follow these steps to deploy ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint.
- Download and extract the contents of the ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint installation ZIP file to a location on the system where SharePoint is installed.
- Right-click the Setup.exe file and choose Run as Administrator to begin the installer. The installer performs a series of checks to ensure that the installation will be successful. If a check fails, the installer provides information about the failure.
- Once the checks have completed successfully, click Next.
If you receive a message that the Secure Store service has not started, start this service on your SharePoint server (not applicable for SharePoint Foundation). See Supported environments for more information.
- Read the End User License Agreement (EULA). If you agree to the terms of the EULA, check the check box and click Next.
- Choose the web applications or site collections on which to enable ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint. In the Web Applications / Site Collections tree, each top-level node represents a SharePoint web application, while each child node represents a site collection. In the following example, ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint is targeted for deployment to the site collection located at http://7win/sites/demo. Once you have selected the target web applications and site collections, click Next.
If you target a web application, the ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint feature is available to all site collections within that web application. Therefore, for site collections that are not checked on this installer page but are within web applications that are checked, the ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint feature is available but not activated.
- Click Next to continue.
- To participate in the Esri User Experience Improvement program, check the Allow Esri to collect information to improve software check box.
- Click Next.
A log of the operations appears.
- Click Close to close the setup program.
When the installation is complete, configure ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint
Install using PowerShell
Use the following PowerShell commands to manually install ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint. Be sure to replace the <placeholders> with the information from your system.
-WebApplication http://<web application name>
-URL http://<web application name>/sites/<MySiteCollectionName>