View selected records
You can easily get detailed information about selected features on a map by viewing the feature layer's attribute table. Attribute information is only available for layers created from SAP Dashboards data and for feature service layers.
- From the Tools menu, choose Analyze features.
- From the Choose a layer drop-down menu, choose the layer containing the features for which you want to view detailed information.
- Do any of the following to make selections.
Interactive behaviors configured on the specified selection layer will automatically be triggered when you make a selection.
Only automatic on-selection interactive behaviors that are enabled will be triggered. For more information, see Trigger interactive behaviors.
- Press the Rectangle selection tool and drag a rectangle on the map to select the features you want.
- Press the Free-hand selection tool and drag a freehand shape on the map to select the features you want.
- To select a single feature, press the feature on the map while either of the selection tools is enabled.
Continue to draw shapes or press individual features to select more features as needed.
To pan the map while making selections, use the Pan tool.
For point features, only features that are completely within the selection area are included in the selection.
If your map has point features that have been clustered, you will not be able to select the clustered features on the map. You can turn off clustering to select the individual point features. See Configure clustering.
- To clear all selections or remove part of your selection, do one of the following:
- Press the Remove from selection tool and drag a rectangle around the features you want to remove from the selection.
- Press the Clear selection tool to clear all selections in the layer.
- If you are using the compact Analyze features pane, press More to view all available selection options.
- Under What do you want to do with your selection, press View selected records.
Attribute information for the selected features appears in an attribute table.
You can select additional features from this table to add to your selection. Choose All from the View drop-down menu. Check the boxes for the records corresponding to the additional features you want to add to the selection. The features are selected on the map.
You can use the attribute table to zoom to a specific feature in the map. See Zoom to a feature.