Use pop-ups and interactive components
In this topic
In Esri Maps for SAP BusinessObjects, you can interact with the map and other objects in a dashboard in different ways, depending on how the designer has configured the components.
If the dashboard designer has enabled pop-up windows, you can choose a feature on the map to display a pop-up that contains information about the feature. Zoom to the selected feature by pressing the Zoom to button on the pop-up. You can also view visualizations that provide rich contextual information about the areas surrounding the selected feature by pressing the Infographics button. For more information, see Infographics.
- To display a pop-up that contains information about a feature, choose the feature on the map.
- From the pop-up, you can do the following:
- Press the Previous and Next arrows on the pop-up to scroll through available features displayed in the current map extent. The feature counter in the upper left alerts you to the number of features available for viewing.
- Press the Zoom to button on the pop-up to zoom to the selected feature.
- Press the Infographics button at the bottom right of the pop-up to see graphical information about the areas around your feature.
Using infographics will consume ArcGIS service credits. To help estimate how many service credits you'll use, see Service Credits Overview.
Work with interactive components
Dashboard designers can configure interactivity between the map and other components on the dashboard. These interactive behaviors can be initiated by clicking or hovering on the map or by selecting features on the map or on other dashboard components. Depending on how the designer configured the dashboards, actions you perform on the map may trigger actions in other dashboard components, or vice versa.
Some of the interactive behaviors that can be enabled in the dashboard include the following:
- Map as a selector—Click, hover, or use selection tools to select points or regions on the map to update dashboard components (charts, tables, and so on) for which the action is defined.
- Drill down—Click, hover, or use selection tools to select points or regions on the map to display detailed information about the selected features in other dashboard components (charts, tables, and so on).
- Drill through—Click, hover, or use selection tools to select points or regions on the map to open a related report or dashboard.
- Map as the target of a selector—Click or select areas on a dashboard component or select a value in a query prompt to update the features displayed on the map.
When using a single-value input component such as a slider, gauge, or dial, it is recommended that you click the interval markers using the mouse pointer rather than using a drag action. Due to current limitations in the software, the map creates multiple layers as the slider moves quickly across the interval markers in the input component, possibly causing inaccurate values to appear in the dashboard.
- If the dashboard designer has configured interactive behaviors initiated by clicking or hovering, click or hover over features on the map to trigger these behaviors.
- If the dashboard designer has configured interactivity initiated by selecting features on the map, use the selection tools to trigger these behaviors.
To learn more about selecting features using the selection tools, see Trigger interactive behaviors.
- If the dashboard designer has configured the map as the target of other dashboard components, click or select areas of the component to initiate an action on the map.
- If the dashboard designer has configured the map to respond to query prompts, type or select a value in the query prompt to update the features displayed on the map.