Change a layer's style
In Esri Maps for SAP BusinessObjects, layers are drawn on the map using a style configured by the report author. The style currently applied to a layer is shown in the Contents pane when you expand the layer by pressing the plus sign (+).
A layer can have multiple styles configured for it. Different styles allow the data to be displayed based on different measures or attributes. If multiple styles were configured, you can choose a different preconfigured style to change how the layer is drawn.
Whether a layer has multiple preconfigured styles or a single preconfigured style, you can change individual symbols or colors, or modify the grouping method for grouped styles based on number ranges.
- Press the Show map contents button to display the Contents pane.
- On the Contents pane, press the plus sign (+) to display the layer's legend.
- If multiple styles were configured for the layer, choose the style you want from the Style drop-down menu.
- If you want to modify a symbol or shape used in the style, press the symbol or shape and do one of the following:
- Point layers can be styled using icon or shape symbols. If icons were used for styling, choose a different icon from the drop-down menu. If shapes were used, choose a new color.
- For lines and polygons, choose a new color for the shape.
- If you want to change the grouping method for a grouped style based on number ranges, choose a classification method from the drop-down menu.
The map automatically updates to reflect the style changes you made. Any style changes you make are saved during the session. When you close and later reopen the map, the style applied by the report author is displayed and your changes are lost.
For grouped styles, you can easily toggle the visibility of individual groups. See Toggle a layer's visibility.