Configure styles for a layer
In this topic
When you add data to a map in Esri Maps for SAP BusinessObjects, layers are drawn on the map using a default style. The style currently applied to a layer is shown in the Contents pane when you display the layer's legend by pressing the plus sign (+).
You can configure one or more styles for a layer using the Style pane. You might want to create different styles to allow report consumers to customize the display of the data. Report consumers can choose from the preconfigured styles to draw the layer in different ways. The style you applied last before saving the map is the style that is displayed by default for a layer when the map is opened by the consumer.
If you configure multiple styles, you can easily rename or remove them.
You can configure one or more styles for each layer. Choose the properties you want for each style.
When you configure multiple styles, each style is given a default name. You can easily give the style a more descriptive name at any time.
- Press the Show map contents button to display the Contents pane.
- On the Contents pane, press the arrow to the right of the layer for which you want to configure styles.
- Choose Style.
- On the Style pane, do one of the following:
- If you want to configure a single style for the layer, skip to the next step.
- If you want to configure an additional style, create a new style by pressing Add a style.
A new style is created with a default name. The styling options of the last style you had selected are applied to the new style. To give the style a more descriptive name, select the default name and type a new name.
- Do one of the following to configure style properties:
- Repeat the previous two steps to create additional styles.
You can quickly change the basic properties of the currently applied style directly from the Contents pane. Press the plus sign (+) to display the layer's legend, and press the symbol or shape you want to modify. Depending on the layer type, different options are available. For lines and polygons, choose a new color for the shape. Point layers can be styled using symbols or shapes. If symbols were used for styling, choose a different icon from the drop-down menu. If shapes were used, choose a new color.
Remove a style
You can remove any of the styles you configured.
- On the Style pane, ensure the style you want to remove is selected in the drop-down menu.
- Press Remove style.
- Press Yes on the prompt window.
The style is removed.
Apply a configured style
Once you have configured two or more styles, you can choose a different style to apply to the layer and display on the map. The style chosen when you save the map will be applied the next time the map is loaded.
- From the Style drop-down menu on the Style pane, choose the style you want to apply.
- Save and close the map.