View and configure infographics
In this topic
Infographics are visualizations that provide contextual information about the areas surrounding the features in your map. When you click the Infographics button in a pop-up, ArcGIS aggregates the demographics around that feature on your map and delivers them using easy-to-understand infographics that contain information such as age distribution and income for a set distance around the selected location. The information contained in infographics is available while the pop-up is open and is not saved to your business system.
Using this functionality consumes ArcGIS service credits. To help you estimate how many credits you will use, see Understand credits.
In the following image, an infographic shows the average household size within a 1-mile radius of the selected city. Many infographics are interactive; hover over elements in an infographic or use the Forward and Back arrows to display additional information.
To view a more detailed infographic, click the Maximize button in the pop-up's title bar. Click Restore to return the window to its original size.
Click the Previous and Next arrows on the Infographics window to scroll through available feature visualizations.
The toolbar at the bottom of the pop-up includes the following tools, listed in the order in which they appear on the toolbar:
- Zoom to—Zooms directly to the selected feature.
- Select row—Selects the row in the Excel spreadsheet that corresponds to the currently selected feature on the map.
- Find nearby—Opens the Find nearby tool, which allows you to find features that are near the selected location. See Find nearby features.
- Configure—Opens a Configure Infographics pane, allowing you to change the infographics that appear in the carousel for the selected feature. See View infographics for more information.
- Copy Infographic Image—Takes a snapshot of the currently displayed infographic and copies it to the Windows clipboard. Users can then paste the static image into another application such as an email message. The camera button appears on the pop-up toolbar only when infographics are displayed. The static image represents the infographic exactly as it is currently displayed in the pop-up.
- Attributes—Lists all the attributes specified in the pop-up configuration. Click this to return to the attribute table after viewing infographics.
- Infographics—Displays graphical information about the areas around the selected feature. Infographics are visualizations that provide rich contextual information about the areas surrounding the features in your map.
The Attributes and Infographics options on pop-ups are persistent, meaning that the last selected button determines what is displayed in subsequent pop-ups. For example, if you view infographics in a pop-up and then close the pop-up, all other pop-ups will automatically display infographics for selected features. Because viewing infographics consumes ArcGIS service credits, it's good practice to revert to the Attributes display before closing the pop-up.
- Create report—Generates a report containing demographic data surrounding the selected feature on the map. For details, see Generate reports.
Click the Attributes button to display the feature's attributes list.
Infographics are only available if enabled by your organization's administrator.
Demographic information is displayed in a carousel of configurable infographics. Each infographic shows the distribution of one variable around the selected feature. A few infographics are turned on by default, but you can add or remove infographics from the carousel.
To configure infographics, do the following:
- Click the configuration (gear) button on the Infographic toolbar.
The Configure Infographics pane opens.
- Choose the country for which you want to view infographic variables.
Some countries have more data collections available than others; available options appear as thumbnails in the data collection section.
- Choose a light or dark theme for the infographics window.
- Choose the data collections you want to include in the carousel.
- Check the boxes beside the infographics you'd like to see. Uncheck the boxes for the infographics you'd rather not see.
- Click Add more variables to explore the data collections available from ArcGIS.
- Choose a data collection to see which variables are contained within it.
- Check the boxes beside the variables you'd like to see in your infographics carousel and click Apply.
- Click Back to return to the Configure Infographics pane.
- Define the area for which you want information by choosing one of the following:
- Ring— Returns information from within a specified radius around the selected feature.
- Drive Times—Returns information from an area within a specified number of minutes of driving time from the selected feature.
- Drive Distances—Returns information from an area within a specified distance of the selected feature, defined in miles, kilometers, feet, or meters.
- Click OK to save your changes.
The infographic window updates to reflect your changes.