Infographics are visualizations that provide contextual information about the areas surrounding the features in your map. When you click the Infographics tab in a pop-up, ArcGIS aggregates the demographics around that feature on your map and delivers them using easy-to-understand infographics that contain information such as age distribution and income for a set distance around the selected location. The information contained in pop-up infographics is available while the pop-up is open and is not saved to your business system.
Using this functionality consumes ArcGIS service credits. To help you estimate how many credits you'll use, see Understand credits.
Display pop-up infographics
In the following image, a pop-up infographic shows the average household size within a 1-mile radius of the selected city. Many infographics are interactive; hover over elements in an infographic or use the Next and Previous arrows to display additional information.
Pop-up infographics are available only if enabled by your ArcGIS organization's administrator.
To view a more detailed infographic, click the Maximize button in the pop-up's title bar. Click Restore to return the window to its original size.
Click the Next and Previous arrows on the infographics window to scroll through available feature visualizations.
The toolbar at the bottom of the pop-up includes the following tools, listed in the order in which they appear on the toolbar:
|Tool button||Tool name||Description|
Zooms directly to the selected feature.
Select in Excel
Selects the row in the Excel worksheet that corresponds to the currently selected feature on the map.
Opens the Find nearby tool, which allows you to find features that are near the selected locations. See Find nearby features.
Takes a snapshot of the currently displayed infographic and copies it to the Windows clipboard. You can paste the static image into another application such as an email or a document.
The copy infographic button appears on the pop-up toolbar only when infographics are displayed. The static image represents the infographic exactly as it is displayed in the pop-up.
Opens the Infographics settings pane, allowing you to change the display options for pop-up infographics on the current layer.
The Table and Infographics options on pop-ups are persistent, meaning that the last selected tab determines what is displayed in subsequent pop-ups. For example, if you view infographics and then close the pop-up, all other pop-ups will automatically display infographics for selected features. Because viewing infographics consumes ArcGIS service credits, it's good practice to revert to the Table tab before closing the pop-up.
Demographic information is displayed in a carousel of configurable infographics. Each pop-up infographic shows the distribution of one variable around the selected feature. A few infographics are turned on by default, but you can add or remove infographics from the carousel.
To configure pop-up infographics, do the following:
- Click a feature on the map to display a pop-up.
If pop-ups are not visible, see Enable pop-ups.
- On the pop-up window, click the Infographics tab.
- Click the Settings button on the infographics toolbar.
The Infographics settings pane appears.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the country with the demographic variables you want to view.
Some countries have more data collections available than others.
- Choose a light or dark color theme for the infographic window.
- Choose one of the following to define the Study area for which you want information:
- Ring—Returns information from within a specified radius around the features on the map, defined in miles, kilometers, feet, or meters.
- Drive time—Returns information from an area within a specified number of minutes of driving time from the features on the map.
- Drive distance—Returns information from an area within a specified distance of the features on the map, defined in miles, kilometers, feet, or meters.
- Click Add variables to explore the data collections available in ArcGIS.
The Add variables pane appears, showing the Category tab and available data collections for the country you selected earlier.
- Choose the data collections you want to include.
- To change the country, click the drop-down menu and choose the country with the demographic information you want to see.
- To search for specific variables, type keywords in the search field and press Enter.
- To browse through variables, choose a data collection to see the variables it contains.
You can search for variables in a collection, choose one of the popular variables in a collection, or show all the variables in the collection.
You can restrict your search to show only results from specific categories. By default, the search shows results from all variables. Click the drop-down menu to view only results from one of the categories listed.
- Check the boxes of the variables you want to add.
If you use a variable on a regular basis, click the Add to Favorites button next to the variable. The star icon color changes to gold to indicate that the variable is a favorite. Click the Favorites tab to access all the variables you've tagged as favorites.
- The Selected variables panel on the right in the Add variables pane shows the number of variables you've selected in a checklist. Click a variable to remove it from the list.
- When you're done selecting variables, click Add to return to the Infographics settings pane.
- To specify which infographics to display in pop-ups, click Organize variables.
- Check the boxes beside the infographics you'd like to see in pop-ups. Uncheck the boxes for infographics you'd rather not see.
- Click OK to return to the Infographics settings pane.
- Click OK to save your changes.
The pop-up infographic window updates to reflect your changes.