Navigate the map
In this topic
There are several options for navigating the map. You can pan and zoom the map using the mouse, or zoom in and out using the zoom tools.
Zoom and pan with the mouse
To begin exploring with your mouse, move the mouse pointer so it is in the middle of the map display. Use the following list as a guide for completing navigation actions with the mouse.
- To move or pan the map, click and drag the map in the direction in which you want it to move.
- To zoom in to a specific area on the map, press the Shift key and drag a rectangle to designate the area of interest.
You can also use the mouse scroll wheel to zoom in and out. Rotate the wheel up to zoom in and rotate down to zoom out.
To zoom out to a specific area on the map, press Shift+Ctrl and drag a rectangle to designate the area of interest.
- To zoom in on the map at the location of the mouse pointer, double-click on the point of interest.
Zoom in and out using the zoom tools
The zoom in (+), zoom out (-), and home () buttons are shown at the lower right corner of the map and allow you to easily zoom in and out.
To use the zoom tools, do the following:
- Click the + (plus sign) button to zoom in.
- Click the - (minus sign) button to zoom out.
- Click the Home button () to return to the default map extent.