The Esri Maps for Dynamics CRM is now retired. It is no longer available for download.
Esri Maps for Dynamics CRM, powered by ArcGIS Online, provides fast and easy integration of Esri maps and the Esri platform into Microsoft’s Dynamics CRM product. With Esri Maps you can see your CRM data on a map and visualize it in more meaningful ways, learn more about the areas and markets in which your CRM data reside, use the map to enhance your analysis, and share all of this with others in your organization. With Esri Maps for Dynamics CRM, create a geospatial view of your organization's data… all without leaving the Microsoft Dynamics CRM environment.
- Esri Maps for Dynamics CRM requires an account that is part of an ArcGIS Online organization and access to Microsoft Dynamics CRM, either online or on-premises.
- Esri Maps for Dynamics CRM supports the following browsers: Internet Explorer 9, Internet Explorer 10*, Chrome (latest), Firefox (latest), and Safari (Mac OS X 10.7 and 10.8).
- Esri Maps for Dynamics CRM supports the following environments: Dynamics CRM 2013, Dynamics CRM 2015. The latest version of Esri Maps for Dynamics CRM does not support CRM 2011.
*Internet Explorer 10 compatibility is limited to the desktop browser and does not extend to the touch-based version.
Esri Maps for Dynamics CRM version 1.0.2 was released in May 2015. This version includes the following improvements:
- Support for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2015
- Support for Enterprise Logins
- Bug fixes
Esri Maps for Dynamics CRM version 1.0.1 was released in February 2014. It includes the following features:
- Support for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013
- Bug fixes and workflow enhancements
Esri Maps for Dynamics CRM version 1.0 was released in July 2013. It includes the following features:
- Map CRM data to see easily see where concentrations of customers or constituents exist.
- Customize maps and add them to Dynamics CRM dashboards.
- Access rich collection of basemaps, demographic maps, image services, and data.
- Visualize neighborhood demographics using pop-ups.
- Calculate routes and build travel activity based on customer/prospect location.
- Geocode, geoenable, and geoenrich CRM data using a Locate workflow.
- Visualize CRM data by grouping according to attribute.
- Save CRM data into views based on geographic selection and then use those views for other CRM activities like adding to marketing lists and sending emails.
- Share maps with the rest of your organization using ArcGIS Online.
- Single sign-on capability. With CRM on-premises, organizations can use the same login for their organization, for CRM, and for ArcGIS Online. With CRM On-line, organizations can use the same login for their organization and ArcGIS Online.
- Esri Maps for Dynamics CRM is installed as a solution package.