Collaborators can create secondary pages for Hub sites to improve story telling and create more complex sites. There is no limit to the number of pages a site can have and pages can be linked to more than one site.
Managing multiple pages for a site
There is another tab shown in the Site Manager for each site and within an individual site configuration called Pages. This tab is where you add new pages, edit the layout, determine the sharing settings, and delete pages. There is no limit to the number of pages a site can have.
You must be the user who created the site or be an organization administrator to manage the site's pages.
Adding a new page
- From the Site Manager main page or from within an individual site configuration, click Pages.
- Click New Page.
- Provide a name for the page.
- Click Next.
- Your new page is added to the list automatically.
The page URL is generated from lower-cased page title. Spaces are replaced with hyphens and all special characters are ignored.
Each page URL is preceded with /pages/. The full page URL will be data.[your-org].opendata.arcgis.com/pages/[your-page].
When you create a new page, an ArcGIS Online item is created in your Content page. Your page and this item are linked. It is important that the ArcGIS Online item is not deleted. If the page item is deleted in ArcGIS Online, the page will be deleted. The page item is automatically shared with the Hub Collaborators group so your Hub team can edit the page within the ArcGIS Hub administrative app.
Editing page layout
The page layout editor is the same experience as the site homepage layout editor. Pages adopt the same theme, header, and footer from the site homepage.
- After adding a page, click the pencil icon under Actions.
- The layout editor will open with a default template.
- Click the gear in the upper left corner to access the side bar.
- Use the Layout Builder to configure the layout of your page.
- Click View Page to view your page outside of the editor.
Changing page sharing settings
- After adding a page, three icons appear under Shared. Use these to select your sharing setting:
- Private--only logged in members of the Hub team can view this page.
- Organization--only logged in members of your ArcGIS Online organization can view this page.
- Public--any user can view this page.
Hyperlink pages on your sites and pages
Create hyperlinks for your pages by following the below HTML <a> tag syntax.
- On your homepage or page site editor navigate to where you want to link your page.
- Use <a href='/pages/your-page' class='href-to'>My Page</a> , where '/your-page' is your page slug.
Make sure you use a relative path in your <a> tag, rather than the absolute path. This will prevent a full page refresh when users click on the link.
Using a single page on multiple sites
You can re-use a single page on multiple sites from the "Sites" tab inside the Hub admin application.
If you have a page currently being used by a particular site and you want to use it on another site, follow these steps:
- Visit the Sites tab within the Hub admin app.
- Under your the site which you wish to add an existing page, click Pages.
- Click Link Page to see a list of all pages in your organization.
- Select the page you wish to import onto your site.
- Confirm the details of your selected page and change the page URL.
- Click Link Page to finalize the linking. This edits the page and the attached site.
You cannot have two pages on the same site using the same URL.
If you edit the layout of a linked page, it will alter the layout of the original page.
Deleting a page
- Click the trash icon under Actions for the site you want to delete.
- Click Delete Page to confirm.