To create an Open Data site, complete the following steps:
- Browse to the Open Data admin application.
- On the Sites page, choose Create new site.
The Site Builder opens.
- Complete the basic information on Site Configuration tab to set up the site name, description, URL, and to make your site publicly accessible. You can also set the map extent for the preview map on your site and change the basemap. Click Next.
- Determine which features appear on your site on the Capabilities tab.
- Populate the site with data by choosing groups from the Groups Manager tab.
- Click the Site Editor tab to design the header and footer of your site as well as the home page.
- Once the site has been configured, click Preview Site at any time to view your changes.
- To exit the site builder and return to the Sites page, click Sites.
When you create an Open Data site, an ArcGIS Online item is created in your My Content page.
Your site and this item are linked. It is critical that the ArcGIS Online item is not deleted-- if it is deleted, the site will be deleted. The site item is automatically shared with the Open Data Collaborators group so your Open Data team can edit the site within the ArcGIS Open Data administrative app.