Once you've found data, choose the format you want to use. You can download a spreadsheet (CSV), KML, or shapefile, and access the API.
Download format options
Once you've found data, choose the format you want to use. You can download a spreadsheet (CSV), KML, or shapefile, and access the API for all vector datasets. Downloads are available as a file geodatabase for select datasets (this is an administrator-set function and is not automatic). You can download a PNG, JPG, TIFF and access the API for raster datasets.
- From the search results, click the download icon; or from the dataset profile page, click Download Dataset.
- Click one of the download options to begin the download.
- The API option gives you two links to copy: GeoJSON and GeoServices.
The GeoServices link allows clients to communicate with data through theGeoServices REST specification. This specification of JSON is standard output by ArcGIS and can be used in a wide array of open applications built using Esri's SDKs and APIs.
Track your downloads
You can track your download’s progress and view your download history in My Data .
- Once you start a download, you'll see a small icon fly to the My Data sidebar to let you know where to track download progress.
- The progress bar in the panel will show you what state the dataset download is in: gathering data, generating file, or ready for download.
- Close the panel, continue browsing the site, or download more data. All your downloads will continue and will be tracked in My Data.
When requesting a download you are connecting to the live source service. If there is a processing error and the live download is unsuccessful, you are given the option to download an older, cached version of the dataset where available.