Some application configurations require you to add your own data. If the application requires data, you will see an Add data button underneath the application title.
- Click Add data to launch the Data indicators window.
- Inside the window, you will see the app requirements listed. Each data indicator corresponds with a specific set or piece of data required. Examples of data are feature services, map services, strings, dates, and more.
- Underneath the indicators section, click Select Data.
- Find a match for the requested data. For example, if the indicators asks for parcels data with a zone attribute, then you need to find a dataset that meets those requirements. You can search your organization to find the corresponding data.
- Click a dataset title. This will expand a panel on the right where you can preview the data in ArcGIS Online.
- Click Select to choose this dataset.
If your data has issues, then you may see an error during this step. Common issues include:
- the wrong data type - the geometry must match the application requirement
- the service is not responding
- the service is not available over HTTPS
- the service is secured with a token
- Select a layer in your service that matches the requirements.
- After selecting the layer, you will be returned to the original screen.
- Match the application's required fields to fields from your dataset. Click Match Your Attribute to select a matching attribute from your data.
- When all attributes are set, you will see Done light up at the top of the screen.
- Click Save and Close to exit.
Configuring an application
- Once all indicators are provided, click Configure App. This will create a version of this application using the data you provided. The application is created as an item in your ArcGIS Online organization.
- The card will update to reflect the new application.
- Click View to see the newly created application.
- Click Add Another to create another copy of the template.