The following are some frequently asked questions that Explorer users often have.
- How do I get the app?
- Why can't I sign in?
- Can I work offline?
- Can I generate routes and get directions in the app?
- Can I edit data in the app?
- Can my users open Explorer from my emails, websites, or apps?
- Does Explorer consume service credits?
- Can I roll back to a previous version of the app?
- How can I give feedback on the app?
The following are a couple of common issues when trying to sign in:
- Verify that you typed your user name and password correctly.
- Make sure you have an ArcGIS account. ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Enterprise, Portal for ArcGIS 10.3.1 and 10.4.1, and public accounts on ArcGIS Online are supported.
- If you're using ArcGIS Enterprise, verify the URL to your portal instance. For example, https://myportal.mycompany.com/arcgis.
Yes, Explorer supports working offline with mobile map packages (MMPKs). Download an MMPK through the app and you can open and work with it in the same way as any other map. When browsing for maps, look for the download icon on the map card to find maps that can be taken offline: (for iPad and iPhone devices) or (for Android devices). You can find maps you can use offline in the On Device category when browsing for maps, or look for the On device icon: (for iPad and iPhone devices) or (for Android devices).
For details on making MMPKs, see Make offline maps.
While Explorer doesn't generate routes or provide directions within the app, it does pass locations to routing apps including Navigator for ArcGIS, Apple Maps, and Google Maps. When you have selected a location of interest (including features, search results, and dropped pins), there is a Directions action available.
Explorer also includes a compass that directs you to a point of interest. Use the Compass action on a feature, search result, or pin to see what direction to head and how far to go to get to the item.
Yes. By using the Explorer custom URL scheme in your app, website, or email, your users can open Explorer. You can specify a particular map that should open, and even the location it should center on, the scale to use, and the map's rotation. See the explorer-integration GitHub repository for documentation and sample code.
The Explorer for ArcGIS team would love to hear from you about the app. You can provide feedback on the GeoNet Explorer for ArcGIS community page. If you're experiencing issues with the app, contact Esri Technical Support. If you have great ideas for the app, share them with us through ArcGIS Ideas.