Esri's Updated Demographics include current-year estimates and 5-year projections of U.S. demographic data. Esri develops the annual demographic datasets using a variety of sources, beginning with the latest base, then adding a mixture of administrative records and private sources to capture changes. Categories include the following:
- Population—Such as age, sex, race, Hispanic origin, labor force, educational attainment, marital status, civilian labor force and employment by industry and occupation.
- Households—Such as total households, total family households, average household size.
- Income—Such as household income, per capita income, age by income, disposable income, net worth.
- Daytime Population—Covers both workers (civilian employed at work and the armed forces personnel) and daytime residents (population under 16 years of age, the unemployed, those not in the labor force, and the civilian employed temporarily absent from work).
- Housing—Such as home value, tenure (owner/renter), vacant units. See an example of predominant home value ranges of U.S. owner-occupied housing units.
Comparing 2017 home values (shown left) to 2018 home values captures the number of $2 million+ dollar homes (indicated in red) located in Manhattan, New York, neighborhoodsView the web map
Esri's Updated Demographics are point estimates, representing July 1 of the current and forecast years.
The following documents discuss the detailed methodology behind the Esri Updated Demographic data:
The following sample demographic reports are available:
- Age by Sex Profile (PDF)
- Age by Sex by Race Profile (PDF)
- Age 50+ Profile (PDF)
- Community Profile (PDF)
- Demographic and Income Profile (PDF)
- Demographic and Income Comparison Profile (PDF)
- Detailed Age Profile (PDF)
- Disposable Income Profile (PDF)
- Executive Summary (PDF)
- Graphic Profile (PDF)
- Household Income Profile (PDF)
- Housing Profile (PDF)
- Market Profile (PDF)
- Net Worth Profile (PDF)
For more information about reports and the products that contain them, visit Esri's Apps for Everyone.
For information on how many credits are needed to run reports, see Credits by capability.
Updated Demographics (PDF)
How to get it
Esri's Updated Demographics are available in various products including:
- Living Atlas of the World—Access ready-to-use maps.
- ArcGIS Business Analyst
- ArcGIS Community Analyst
- ArcGIS Maps for Office
- ArcGIS Maps for Power BI
- ArcGIS GeoEnrichment Service
- ArcGIS Online— Browse Living Atlas Layers and Enrich Layers
For information about purchasing Esri's Updated Demographics as a stand-alone dataset, contact email@example.com.