Esri's Crime Indexes data contains statistics about major categories of personal and property crime.
Updated annually, the Crime Index data variables include information about murder, rape, robbery, assault, burglary, and motor vehicle theft. The data is available in a variety of geographies.
The data is available in Business Analyst and Community Analyst products as well as Living Atlas maps and layers. Crime data are not available through the GeoEnrichment Service.
Crime Indexes data
You can use Crime Indexes data to do the following:
- Help develop deterrent programs for high-crime areas.
- Locate senior neighborhoods with high incidences of robberies.
- Boost police coverage around bus stops and grocery stores.
- Analyze your security measures.
- Classify crimes by local demographics and type of incident.
Esri uses the following methodology for Crime Indexes data:
Crime Risk Methodology (PDF)
Crime Indexes (PDF)
How to get it
Crime Index data is available in various products including:
- Living Atlas of the World—Access ready-to-use maps
- ArcGIS Business Analyst web app (available for mapping only)
- ArcGIS Community Analyst (available for mapping only)
- ArcGIS Online— Browse Living Atlas Layers and Enrich Layers
For information about purchasing Esri Demographics data as stand-alone datasets, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.