Esri's U.S. Consumer Spending data is based on a combination of the latest Consumer Expenditure Surveys (CEX) from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Data is reported by product or service and includes total expenditures, average spending per household, and a Spending Potential Index (SPI).
Esri's U.S. Consumer Spending database gives you the details about the products and services that consumers are buying. Consumer Spending data identifies hundreds of items in more than 20 categories including the following:
- Apparel—Such as coats and jackets, shoes, watches and jewelry, uniforms
- Food and Beverage—Such as amount at home, restaurant visits, food groups
- Financial—Such as investments, mortgages, retirement, insurance
- Entertainment and Recreation—Such as travel, movies, party supplies, dating services, memberships
- Household Goods and Services—Such as furniture, appliances, child care, lawn and garden
Esri uses the following methodology for Consumer Spending data: