Tiles published to ArcGIS Online or your ArcGIS Enterprise portal support fast visualization of large datasets using a collection of predrawn tiles. Hosted tiles provide geographic context for your operational layers.
Drone2Map for ArcGIS selects and automates the appropriate scale levels based on the resolution of your imagery.
Share your items
You have several options for sharing your items, depending on your sharing privileges:
- Your organization—Sharing with your organization means only members of your organization have access to your item.
- Groups you belong to—If you are a member of a group, you can share your item with that group. Sharing with specific groups restricts access to a smaller, more focused set of people.
- Everyone—Sharing with everyone makes your item public; anybody who has access to the portal website or ArcGIS Online, including anonymous users, can find and use it, and group owners can include it in their group content.
- Everyone, your organization, and groups you belong to—You can share your item with a larger audience (for example, everyone and your organization) and also share it with a specific group. This allows you to categorize your item as especially relevant to a particular group while still making it available to others in your organization.
This process creates and stores a tile package in your account. If sharing to an ArcGIS Online organizational account, service credits apply.
Publish your tile layer
To publish your orthomosaic, NDVI, DTM, or DSM as a tile service, complete the following steps:
- Click Tile Layer in the Share section of the tools ribbon.
- Check the products that you would like to publish as a tile layer.
- Name and tags are prepopulated with the name of your project and some default tags; update them by clicking inside the text boxes and typing the new information.
- Select the levels of detail at which you want to generate your tiles.
- Check the appropriate boxes for sharing your items.
- Click OK.
If you need to cancel the share as tile layer process, complete the following steps:
- Click the Show running tasks button in the status bar at the bottom right of the page.
- Click the red X next to the share as tile layer process.
- Click Yes in the confirmation window to confirm, or click No to cancel.