The 3D mapping template is designed to create detailed 3D colorized point clouds, 3D textured meshes, and 3D PDFs. Follow the steps below to process a sample 3D mapping project.
Download sample data
Sample data for the 3D mapping template can be found on the sample data page. For the 3D mapping template, a collection of images over an office park in Germany is available. To download the sample data, complete the following steps:
- Go to the sample data page.
- In the 3D mapping table, click download.
- Extract Small_Buildings.zip to a convenient location on your computer.
Create a project
To create your 3D mapping project, complete the following steps:
- Start Drone2Map.
- Sign in using your ArcGIS Online Organization credentials.
- Select the 3D Mapping template and click Create.
- Provide a name for your project, choose a location to save it, and choose the location of the sample images folder. Click Ok.
- Click Processing Options. Notice which tabs are selected by default. In 3D Mapping projects, the Initial, Dense and 3D Products steps run by default. To generate an orthomosaic or DSM as part of this template, check the box next to 2D Products and check the boxes next to the 2D products you want to create.
- Click the 3D Products tab. Make sure Scene Layer Package and 3D PDF are checked. Optionally, check additional options to generate more products. Click Ok.
- Click Start to begin processing.
View the results
When processing is complete, the map view changes to 3D view and your textured mesh is added to your map display and table of contents.
View the office park images by using the left mouse button to pan, the center scroll wheel to zoom in and out, and the right mouse button to tilt and rotate the display.