Data resources required for deploying your services are found on two or more data collections consisting of a set of data hard drives. A data collection consists of a set of cached map services and source documents. This data collection is used for publishing map and other services.
Data Appliance 6.4 for ArcGIS data collections consist of map resources you can publish on ArcGIS Server 10.3, 10.3.1, 10.4, 10.4.1, 10.5, or 10.5.1. These include caches of prerendered map tiles, as well as the map documents that reference them. You need these resources to create fast-performing services in ArcGIS Server.
The following resources are available to assist you in deploying Data Appliance 6.4 for ArcGIS on your system:
- Before starting your deployment, see Prerequisites for ArcGIS for details on prerequisites for using the data collections.
- See System Requirements for a list of supported environments.
- A set of quick-start guides customized for your publishing scenario are included in the box whether you're a new user or performing a data update. If you're a new user, see Data Appliance 6.4 for ArcGIS for Windows Quick Start Guide in the box; it includes instructions for setting up Data Appliance. If you're performing a data collection update, see Data Appliance 6.4 for ArcGIS Data Update for Windows Quick Start Guide.
See the quick-start guide for deployment steps. You can also view the quick-start guides online.
If you need more detailed information than what is provided in the quick-start guides, the following help topics are available to you.
These topics are not listed in the order each step can be performed.
- Delete ArcGIS Services on ArcGIS Server
- Create ArcGIS users on Data Appliance for ArcGIS Server
- Create shares on Data Appliance for ArcGIS Server
- Configure ArcGIS Server to use the cache directory on Data Appliance for ArcGIS collections
- Configure ArcGIS Server to use the source documents directory on Data Appliance for ArcGIS collections
- Publish map and image services on ArcGIS Server
- Publish the World Elevation services on ArcGIS Server
- Publish elevation geoprocessing services on ArcGIS Server
- Add ExportTiles functionality to supported operations on ArcGIS Server