Today, Collector helps you capture reliable data in the field, improving the efficiency of your field workforce and the accuracy of your GIS. But there is more to come!
We are currently adding capabilities to Collector so that you can do the following:
- Configure the units displayed for features, letting you work in the units you expect.
- Be more confident in your data's accuracy: we'll support a 95 percent confidence interval.
- Use Trimble Catalyst, a subscription-based software GNSS receiver, so you can take advantage of another way to get high-accuracy data with your mobile device.
Next generation app
The development team has been hard at work evolving the application to bring many requested capabilities into Collector. When complete, you'll be able to do the following:
- Take advantage of more of the platform's advanced mapping capabilities (labeling, smart mapping, multilayer symbology, and more).
- Use beautiful, more responsive vector basemaps.
- Create smarter forms with conditional visibility, grouping, and additional input types.
- Prepare areas to take offline, and share them.
- Collect data—including z-values—with a more efficient, refreshed UI.
- Yes, including z-values.
- More easily deploy the application.
These capabilities will roll out as a series of beta releases. Beta 1 is projected for Fall 2017.