Run reports allows you to create reports for your sites.
For classic reports, you can view samples and descriptions, filter the report list by type and choose the report format - PDF, Excel, or both. You can run reports individually, run your favorite reports, or run multiple reports with one click. Optionally create an all-in-one PDF report and share with others via email.
For infographics, you can view samples and descriptions, filter the infographic list by type, and open infographics.
- Click the Reports tab and click Run Reports.
- Click Add sites.
The Add sites dialog will open. The Recent tab will be open by default, listing sites you recently used. You can switch to the Currently on map tab to view the sites currently loaded on the map. Click the From projects tab to add other sites from your current project, your other projects, or projects shared with you by other users. Click to search for sites containing a search term.
- Check the check box for the sites for which you want to run reports and/or infographics.
- Check the Site name check box to automatically select all sites in the current tab (not available on the From projects tab).
- Use shift + click to select multiple sites.
You can run Classic reports and Infographics for the selected sites by toggling between the tabs for each.
Run classic reports
You can select the type of reports that you want to view.
- Click Classic reports.
You can select the reports that you want to view for the selected sites.
- The My reports section lists your custom reports.
- The Shared reports section lists reports shared with you by other users.
- The Esri reports section lists ready-to-use reports.
- Click to filter the report list by type.
Once you select from the list, only the reports of that type will appear. You can also Click to search for reports by name.
- Check the Check box to add a report to the Selected reports table on the right, where you can use the drop-down menu to choose the format of the report from PDF, Excel or both. Continue this process until you have selected all the reports that you want to run.
The sample column provides a sample view of the report. Click to view.
The description column provides a brief description of the report. Move the pointer over to view.
The yellow star indicates a favorite report. Click to select favorite reports. When selected, the star will turn yellow. To remove the report from your favorites, click the yellow star to remove the yellow fill.
To save a shared report to your account, move the pointer over it and click .
To remove the report from Selected reports, click the in the delete column.
To see the most up-to-date list of shared reports at any time, click to refresh the report list.
- You can enter a subtitle for the report.
- The Generate an all-in-one PDF report and notify check box creates an all-in-one PDF report and emails it to you. The check box default setting can be made in Preferences. You can also send the report to others using the CC text box populated with the email addresses that you've set in Preferences. You can change the email addresses here for just this report but it will default to the Preference settings when running future reports. Use only a comma to separate multiple email addresses. Click Run all.
An email is sent with the url to the all-in-one PDF report, but the url is only available for a limited time. The all-in-one PDF report is also available in My Content > My Reports > Ordered Reports. If you've shared on ArcGIS Online, your reports can also be found in ArcGIS Online > My Content > BAO > My Reports > All In One Reports.A few things to remember when running reports:
- All-in-one PDF reports are only created for PDFs. If you create a report with both Excel and PDF reports, the Excel files will not be included.
- Using map reports when creating all-in-one PDF reports results in large PDF reports that take more time to run and download.
- If the Generate an all-in-one PDF report and Notify Check box is checked but disabled, then the report size limit has been exceeded. There is a limit of 10 map reports and a total report limit of 60 for an all-in-one PDF. To run an all-in-one PDF report, you will need to delete some reports so that neither limit is exceeded.
- When you click Run All, an all-in-one PDF report is created with the selected reports. If you don't want a report included in the all-in-one PDF report, click the in the delete column to remove it prior to clicking Run All.
- There is no limit to the number of reports you can run, except when the all-in-one PDF option is selected, as noted above. However, only up to 6 reports are processed simultaneously. If there are more than 6 reports when you click Run All, the first 6 will initially start processing, with the rest queued in Pending status. When a Processing report becomes ready, its status changes to Open report.. hyperlink (which you can click to open the report), and the next report that was pending starts processing.
- All-in-one PDF reports can’t exceed the 50 MB limit for sharing on ArcGIS Online.
If there is an email address is in the CC field, the Share Reports dialog will be displayed when the all-in-one PDF report is requested. Here you can specify recipients to share the all-in-one PDF report.
By default, Private is selected, which allows access only to you and those users with whom you have shared the current project.
Selecting Public will allow access to the public, including those who are not members of ArcGIS Online. You must select this option if you want non ArcGIS Online users to access the all-in-one PDF report link. You also have the option to download the all-in-one PDF report and email it manually to share with any non- ArcGIS Online user, without making it publicly accessible in general.
You can also select Share with groups and allow access to all users in your organization (by checking the My Organization Check box) and/or any number of groups (by checking the desired groups by their Check boxes).
To not see this dialog again, check the Save my choice and don't show this dialog again Check box (you can change this setting under Preferences).
- You can run reports individually.
- To run each report individually, click Run now. When the report is ready, the Run now text is replaced with Open Report. Click Open Report to view.
- To quickly run your favorite reports, click Run Favorites. Those reports will be add to Selected reports, and run immediately. Click Open Report to view.
Some reports are not available for a polygonal site. If you've selected one of these reports, an error message appears. Check the list below for reports that are not available.
Reports not available for polygonal sites are:
- Business Locator
- Traffic Count Profile
- Major Shopping Center Locator
You can select the type of infographic reports that you want to view.
- Click Infographics.
You can select the infographics that you want to view for the selected sites.
- The My infographics section lists your infographic templates.
- The Shared infographics section lists infographics shared with you by other users.
- The Esri infographics section lists ready-to-use infographic templates.
- Click to filter the infographic list by type.
Once you select from the list, only the infographics of that type will appear. You can also Click to search for infographics by name.
- Check the Check box to add a report to the Selected infographics table on the right. The infographic is added to the Selected infographics table for the selected sites. Continue this process until you have selected all the infographics that you want to run.
The sample column provides a sample view of the infographic. Click to view.
The description column provides a brief description of the infographic. Move the pointer over to view.
The yellow star indicates a favorite infographic. Click to select favorite infographics. When selected, the star will turn yellow. To remove the infographic from your favorites, click the yellow star to remove the yellow fill.
To save a shared infographic to your account, move the pointer over it and click .
To remove the infographic from Selected infographics, click the in the delete column.
To see the most up-to-date list of shared infographics at any time, click to refresh the infographic list.
- To view an infographic for a selected site, click Run now in the Selected infographics table.