The following is an illustrated walkthrough that guides you on how to get started using the projects structure to create and store your content.
- Click the Create Project button to add your first project.
- Enter a name for your Project and Click Save.
- Once your project is created, you will see the following confirmation message. Click OK.
- You will then see your new project displayed under My Projects. Place your mouse over the project and click Open.
- The Maps page will open, with the Project panel open on the left. Click on the project name at the to collapse and expand this Project view. You may click on or the Project Manager link to open the Project Manager, where you can organize your content. See Project Manager. Click on View Full Table to view the expanded view of the table.
- To add a location site to the Project go to Define Areas for Reports > Find Location. Add an address in the Enter an address field and add a name in the optional Name your location field. and click Apply.
- Click Organize Sites to return to the Project View.
You will see the newly added site under the My Point Locations layer.
- To add additional content you will perform the following tasks:
- Create a new point locations layer Candidate Neighborhoods and added a few sites to it that represent neighborhoods for an analysis.
- Use the Import file workflow to import an Excel file of addresses representing coffee shops, apply rings to them and save as a new layer.
- Create a Color-coded map and import a web map from ArcGIS Online. These will be under the section Other Layers.
- Create a new PDF or Excel report. Reports that have been run will appear under the section Previously Run Reports.
Here, the View Full Table link has been clicked to view the expanded table. The Description column tells us the type of an item, and the Details column provides additional details such as ring sizes (for a site).
- You can filter project items by clicking the Filter icon.