Available with Business Analyst license.
You can alter the way data is apportioned in Business Analyst Server. Changing different options can affect data aggregation speed, report calculations, and spatial overlays.
To configure the data apportionment methods, follow these steps:
- Access the Business Analyst service properties by following the steps in Accessing properties of a map service using ArcGIS Server Manager.
- Under Business Analyst Configuration, select the Democalc tab. If you are an advanced user, you can modify these parameters; otherwise, it is recommended that you keep the default settings.
- Select the dataset from the Active dataset drop-down list. The default active dataset will generally be the most recent shipment of data. For example, the current year U.S. dataset from Esri is USA_ESRI_2017.
- Select the feature selection method from the Selection method drop-down list. Hybrid is recommended for a combination of speed and accuracy.
- Double-click within Democalc parameters to modify your threshold settings, data layers, or apportionment methods. You can also add new parameters. It is recommended that you leave the default values unless you understand how the parameters can change Business Analyst Server analyses.
- When your modified settings are complete, Click Save and Restart.