Sign in to the Business Analyst mobile app using your ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise credentials. If you choose the ArcGIS Enterprise option, enter the ArcGIS Enterprise portal URL, and tap OK to proceed to the Sign in screen to enter your ArcGIS Enterprise portal credentials.
The screen captures were taken using an iOS device and will be very similar when using the mobile app on an Android device.
You can create a site with rings, drive times and walk times, run reports and change the map view. Sites and reports, created in the Business Analyst mobile app and the Business Analyst web app are available in both applications. When you sign in to the mobile app:
- If you have allowed the Business Analyst mobile app to access your location via your device, the map will be zoomed to your current location, as indicated by the blue dot on the map.
For full use of the functionality in the Business Analyst mobile app, it is recommended that you allow the app access to your location.
- The project and layer you last used in the Business Analyst web app will be loaded on the mobile app. You may switch to a different project and/or layer from the Project Panel. For more information, see Projects below. The look of the app may be different if the administrator for your organization has customized the app theme.
- Tap to see map options.
- Basemaps—select a different basemap to apply on the map. You can perform a search or sort the list order by name or most recently modified.
- Map Contents—view the contents on the map. There are two tabs:
- The Map Layers tab has a list of the layers on the map. You can perform a search on the content.
- The Legend tab has information of the symbology of the layers and other relevant information.
- Choose your location in one of the following ways:
- Place a pin on the map. Tap and hold anywhere on the map to place a pin.
- Enter an address. Tap and type an address.
- Use your current location. Tap the current location icon towards the top right.
- Tap Create Site.
- Tap Apply to save your site.
- Polygon and standard geography sites created in the Business Analyst web app can be viewed in the Business Analyst mobile app but not edited.
Once the site is saved, the menu, Facts, and Details options are displayed.
Provides information about your current site on the map. For the US, these are basic demographic and consumer spending facts, whereas for all other countries, it is key demographic facts. Sites can be created using Create Site or opened from Projects.
This feature uses same credits as Infographic Views which is 10 credits per 1000 views.
You can tap to share these Facts, by email or apps on your device, and to view data source information.
For multi-ring sites, facts about the inner ring are shown by default. To view facts for a different ring, tap and select the desired ring.
Tap to quickly access several options for the current site.
- Reports—run reports and infographics for the site
- Compare Site—compare the site with a geography or another site
- Take Photo—add a photo for the site
- Edit Site—edit the site. Tap on the site name to edit it. You can change the type of buffer—for example, from rings to drive times. Tap on any of the ring sizes to edit and tap to add a ring.
- Delete Site—delete the site
Tap to close this menu.
Shows details and photos for the location, and allows you to edit or add to the same. The DETAILS section has attributes for site characteristics (Building Area, Site Area, Frontage, and Parking) which can be customized in the web app. Tap to add one or more photos for the site. Swipe the display photo to view any additional photos for the site, or tap to navigate a gallery view of the photos. Under the NOTES section you can add additional information about the site. Previously run reports are available under the REPORTS section.
You may need to scroll your screen to view the NOTES and REPORTS sections.
In the gallery view of photos, you may tap on a photo to open the full view.
In the full view, you may tap the delete button in the bottom right to delete the photo.
If validation rules are set for any of the project attributes in the web app, they will be applied in the Mobile app. In the following example, the minimum and maximum values for Building Area (sq.ft.) are 5000 and 30000 respectively, whereas the Parking attribute only has a minimum valid value of 100.
The text attribute Historically significant was specified as having only two valid preset values. You may tap on it and choose from those present values.
Run classic reports and infographics for the site, from the respective tabs on this screen.
On the Classic Reports tab, tap one of the options to view the list of reports available.
- Favorites—are the reports you marked as favorite in the Business Analyst web app.
- My reports—are your custom reports.
- Esri reports—are the reports that come with your subscription.
- Shared reports—are the reports shared with you by others in your organization.
The list of reports and infographics you see will depend on your role. The administrator of your organization can customize the list of reports and infographics available for your role. The following screen capture shows Esri reports.
- Tap next to a report name, to view a sample of the report (only available for Esri reports). You can use View to filter the list by a category.
- Tap the report name to run the report for the site. Classic reports run from the web app are accessible under the current Project.
- Reports can be viewed in full screen mode.
- Reports can be shared via email.
- Reports run can be accessed later in the Previously Run Reports section. See Projects.
Generating a report uses 10 credits. Viewing a report sample does not use any credits.
Tap to view credit usage information.
On the Infographics tab, tap one of the options to view the infographics available.
- My infographics—are your custom infographics.
- Esri infographics—are the infographics that come with your subscription.
- Shared infographics—are the infographics shared with you by others in your organization.
The following screen capture shows Esri infographics. Tap an infographic name to run it for the site. Tapping Marketing Profile runs and opens that infographic for the site. Scroll down to view more of the infographic. Tap to see additional viewing options to choose the ring size used (for multi-ring sites) and width.
When the Infographic has a map panel, use the lock icon on the map to enable and disable panning and zoom in/out of the map.
Compare the site with a geography or another site. In the default view, ring, drive time, and walk time sites are compared with the ZIP Code of the site address, while polygon and geography sites are compared with the entire country. Tap to compare with a different geographic boundary in which the site is contained or with another site in any of your projects, or projects shared with you by other users.
- The arrows indicate whether the site has a higher or lower value for the variable compared to the geography or site— for example, in the following image under POPULATION, the indicates that the ZIP Code has a higher value than the site, whereas for % Children (under 15) the indicates that the ZIP Code has a lower value compared to the site.
- Tap Spending Facts to switch to a comparison of spending variables.
Tap to open the list panel, which contains the options described below.
Returns the app to the map view.
Projects enables you to manage your work more effectively and is aligned with the way your business works. To learn how to create a project in the Business Analyst web app and add layers to it, see Projects. In the Business Analyst mobile app, you cannot create a project or add layers to an existing project – you may do so in the web app and access the same in the mobile app.
CURRENT PROJECT shows the active project, which is the project most recently used. To access your content in a different project, tap the current project to open your list of projects, and select the desired project.
On the Choose Project screen, the current project is indicated by . Tap the search icon to search for projects by keyword. Use Sort By to sort the list of projects by Name or Date. My Projects shows your projects. You can switch to the Shared with Me tab to view and choose from projects that others have shared with you.
If you did not previously create any projects in your account, one will be created for you when you sign in to the mobile app, and will be used as the current project.
Under Content, you can view and access the sites and reports associated with active layers— that is, most recently used layers within the active project. Tap on a section to view the content within it. For sections containing sites, you can:
- Swipe left on a site in the list to view available actions:
- More: Edit or Delete the site.
- Zoom To: Zooms to the site on the map.
- Details: Details for the site.
- Tap on a different layer within the section to view the sites contained within that layer.
- Tap to search for sites by name.
- Use Filtered by to only see recently created sites by choosing one of the available filters.
Use features from ArcGIS Online to access web maps created and shared by others with your ArcGIS Online subscription.
- Search for maps and layers.
- Lists maps and layers marked favorites in ArcGIS Online.
- Lists recent web maps added to the map.
- My Maps contains ArcGIS Online content.
- Lists your groups and public groups in ArcGIS Online
- Search and filter web maps.
- My Organization lists the ArcGIS Online organization to which you belong. Use the info icon to view organization details.
Set defaults for:
- Area—Select Ring, Driving Area or Walking Area as the default area for sites.
- When Driving Area is selected as the default area type, set default Drive Time Options for mode, direction, and traffic. Also see More options for drive time.
- Location radius— for example, 3 miles when Ring is the default area, or 10 minutes when the default is Driving Area or Walking Area.
- Transparency—the transparency level of site color fillings on the map.
- Showing site label—toggle on to see the current site name label on the map.
- Show current location—set the toggle off to disable the current location indicator (blue dot) on the map.
- Basemap—select a different basemap to set as the default. You can perform a search or sort the list order by name or most recently modified.
- View account name information and the ability to Sign Out.
- View App Version, Build, and Licensing information.
- Access Help
- Feedback: Send your feedback via email