Available with Business Analyst license.
Sign in to the Business Analyst mobile app using your ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise credentials. If you choose the ArcGIS Enterprise option, enter the ArcGIS Enterprise portal URL, and tap OK to proceed to the Sign in screen to enter your ArcGIS Enterprise portal credentials.
The screen captures were taken using an iOS device and will be very similar when using the mobile app on an Android device.
You can create a site with rings, drive times and walk times, run reports and change the map view. Sites and reports, created in the Business Analyst mobile app and the Business Analyst web app are available in both applications. When you sign in to the mobile app:
- If you have allowed the Business Analyst mobile app to access your location via your device, the map will be zoomed to your current location, as indicated by the blue arrow on the lower right corner of the map.
For full use of the functionality in the Business Analyst mobile app, it is recommended that you allow the app access to your location.
- The project and layer you last used in the Business Analyst web app will be loaded on the mobile app. You may switch to a different project and/or layer from the Project Panel. For more information, see Projects below.
- Choose your location in one of the following ways:
- Place a pin on the map. Tap and hold anywhere on the map to place a pin.
- Enter an address. Tap and type an address.
- Use your current location. Tap the current location icon towards the bottom right.
- Tap Create Site.
- Tap Apply to save your site.
- Polygon and standard geography sites created in the Business Analyst web app can be viewed in the Business Analyst mobile app but not edited.
Once the site is saved, the Get Facts and Show Details options are displayed.
Provides information about your current site on the map. For the US, these are basic demographic and consumer spending facts, whereas for all other countries, it is key demographic facts.
- Sites can be created using Create Site or opened from Projects.
- Facts are available for only the inner rings of multi-ring sites.
This feature uses same credits as Infographic Views which is 10 credits per 1000 views.
Shows details and photos for the location, and allows you to edit or add to the same. The Details section has attributes for site characteristics (Building Area, Site Area, Frontage, and Parking) which can be customized in the web app. Tap to add one or more photos for the site, and to navigate a gallery view of the photos.
In the gallery view of photos, you may tap on a photo to open the full view.
In the full view, you may tap the delete button in the bottom right to delete the photo.
If validation rules are set for any of the project attributes in the web app, they will be applied in the Mobile app. In the following example, the minimum and maximum values for Building Area (sq.ft.) are 5000 and 30000 respectively, whereas the Parking attribute only has a minimum valid value of 100.
The text attribute Historically significant was specified as having only two valid preset values. You may tap on it and choose from those present values.
If you scroll the page, under Reports section you will see the previously run reports for this site.
Run Reports for the site. Reports run from the web app are accessible under the current Project.
- Tap the report name to run the report for the site.
- Reports can be viewed in full screen mode.
- Custom reports and shared reports can be run.
- Reports can be shared via email.
- Reports run can be accessed later in the Previously Run Reports section. See Projects.
Generating a report uses 10 credits.
Compare Site: For ring, drive time and walk time sites, see how it compares with the ZIP Code of the site address. Polygon and geography sites will be compared with the entire country.
- Tap to compare with a different geographic boundary the site is contained in, or with another site in the current project.
Tap to open the list panel, which contains the options described below.
Returns the app to the map view.
Projects enables you to manage your work more effectively and is aligned with the way your business works. To learn how to create a project in the Business Analyst web app and add layers to it, see Projects. In the Business Analyst mobile app, you cannot create a project or add layers to an existing project – you may do so in the web app and access the same in the mobile app.
Current Project shows the active project, which is the project most recently used. To access your content in a different project, tap the current project to open your list of projects, and select the desired project.
If you did not previously create any projects in your account, one will be created for you when you sign in to the mobile app, and will be used as the current project.
Under Content, you can view and access the sites and reports associated with active layers (i.e. most recently used layers) within the active project. Tap on a section to view the content within it. For sections containing sites, you can:
- Swipe left on a site in the list to view available actions:
- More: Edit or Delete the site.
- Zoom To: Zooms to the site on the map.
- Details: Show Details for the site.
- Tap on a different layer within the section to view the sites contained within that layer.
Use features from ArcGIS to access web maps created and shared by others with your ArcGIS Online subscription.
- Search for maps and layers.
- Lists maps and layers marked favorites in ArcGIS Online.
- Lists recent web maps added to the map.
- My Maps contains ArcGIS content.
- Lists your groups and public groups in ArcGIS
- Search and filter web maps.
- My Organization lists the ArcGIS organization to which you belong. Use the info icon to view organization details.
Set defaults for:
- Area: Select Ring, Driving Area or Walking Area as the default area for sites.
- When Driving Area is selected as the default area type, set default Drive Time Options for mode, direction, and traffic. Also see More options for drive time.
- Location radius e.g. 3 miles when Ring is the default area, or 10 minutes when the default is Driving Area or Walking Area.
- Transparency: the transparency level of site color fillings on the map.
- Showing site labels: toggle on to see the current site name label on the map.
- View account name information and the ability to Sign Out.
- View App Version, Build, and Licensing information.
- Access Help
- Feedback: Send your feedback via email