Available with Business Analyst license.
Business Analyst Enterprise requires two ArcGIS Server machines. First, a complete base deployment with all software components is required, see installation overview for details.
Secondly, a dedicated ArcGIS Server machine is needed to install GeoEnrichment Server. This machine must meet the following guidelines:
- ArcGIS Server and ArcGIS Web Adaptor installations. The server must be federated to your Enterprise portal.
- The GeoEnrichment server setup requires a Microsoft Windows operating system.
- The GeoEnrichment server setup cannot be installed on the same machine as the ArcGIS Data Store.
- The GeoEnrichment server cannot be designated as the hosting server.
Download the setup
- On the My Esri site, click My Organizations then click Downloads.
- Verify that you are in the Products section. In the Quick Search text box, enter Business Analyst or Business.
- Look for ArcGIS Business Analyst Enterprise with 2018 U.S. Data and ensure the version is 10.7.1. Click View Downloads.
- Click the Download Components tab then click Product Components to expand the list of files.
- There will be a setup for ArcGIS GeoEnrichment Server. Click Download.
The Esri Download Manager dialog is launched.
- Click Click to download your file now.
- The Destination Folder for Files dialog will appear. Keep the default location or click Browse to choose a different location.
Run the setup
Browse to the location of the downloaded setup file and run the GeoEnrichment Server setup.
- Double-click setup.exe to run the GeoEnrichment Server install application.
- The GeoEnrichment Server welcome page is launched. Click Next.
- Review and accept the Esri Master Agreement. Click Next.
- Accept the default destination folder for the GeoEnrichment software to be installed or browse to a different location. Click Next.
- Enter the credentials for the ArcGIS Server primary account. Click Next.
The primary account runs the ArcGIS Enterprise and ArcGIS Server processes and needs to be created when ArcGIS Server is installed. You may specify to use a configuration file from a previous install.
- Specify whether or not to export a configuration file based on this install. Click Next.
Tip:Exporting an account configuration file helps with installing multiple systems.
- The GeoEnrichment Server software is ready to install. Click Install.
- GeoEnrichment Server will install on your machine. Once the install is complete, click Next.
- Once GeoEnrichment Server has been successfully installed, click Finish to close the GeoEnrichment Server install application.
GeoEnrichment environment configuration utility
After installing the GeoEnrichment Server software, an environment configuration utility is provided to perform several administrative tasks. These tasks include preparing the database and services, creating and sharing items in the portal, optimizing ArcGIS Server memory settings, and registering GeoEnrichment as a utility service in the portal.
- In the Start menu, search for GeoEnrichment and click on GeoEnrichment Environment Configuration Utility.
It may be necessary to agree to proceed through the User Account Control prompt.
- In the welcome page for the GeoEnrichment Server configuration wizard, click Next to begin specifying the parameters necessary to configure your server environment.
- Enter the credentials for the portal administrator user and click Next.
- Specify a folder where you would like the GeoEnrichment data to be stored. Click Next.
Note:The specified location should have at least 200GB of dedicated storage for staging and installing the USA data pack. For recommendations on disk space for other regions, see the international data options.
- Select Yes to register the GeoEnrichment service as a portal utility service. Click Configure.
Choosing to register the GeoEnrichment service as a portal GeoEnrichment utility service will make the service the default selection for GeoEnrichment processes executed on the portal.
- As the GeoEnrichment Server environment is configured, a status bar and additional details are made available to track the progress. Once completed, click Next.
- The GeoEnrichment Server environment is successfully configured. Click Finish.
You have the option to manage data using the GeoEnrichment Data Management Utility by checking the Run the data management tools to install data packs check box.