Business Analyst Desktop is a solution extension to ArcGIS and can be used for a variety of business purposes, including target marketing, customer analysis, site selection, and territory design. The wizard-driven software and data bundled with the application is installed and ready to use. Included are annually updated demographic data, nationwide business data points, shopping centers, streets, geocoding locators, drive-time solvers, and a custom report editor.
Business Analyst components
Business Analyst is an extension built for use with ArcGIS. Components in the Business Analyst package include the following:
- Business Analyst Desktop extension software—Provides tools for mapping, analysis, and managing work.
- Data from industry-leading vendors—Provides nationwide demographic, business listing, and shopping center data.
- StreetMap Premium for ArcGIS—Provides basemaps and U.S. national street network.
- Geocoding service—Takes your customer or store addresses and locates them on a map.
- ArcGIS Network Analyst extension —Provides drive-time/drive-distance analysis and routing capability. The full license to this extension is included with Business Analyst.
Business Analyst Help
All tasks, tools, and menu options are fully documented and can be found by clicking the Help button within each of the dialog boxes.
Business Analyst Desktop Message Center
Upon startup, or from the Business Analyst toolbar , you can view the latest Business Analyst news and information, product videos, and supporting documentation from the Message Center.