The person who requested an ArcGIS Online subscription should have received an email with an activation link from the ArcGIS Online Accounts team. The subscription must be activated by the person who will administer it. If necessary, have the email forwarded to the appropriate person.
- Open the email from Esri Customer Service with the subject "Activating your ArcGIS Online Subscription" and click the activation link.
The Sign In page appears.
- If you already have a public account for ArcGIS Online, sign in with your existing account. By signing in with your existing public account, you will transfer ownership of your items to the organization. If you don't want to do this, sign up for a separate, new account.
- If you are new to ArcGIS Online and want to create a new account, click Create a New Account.
- Provide a user name that contains 6 to 128 alphanumeric characters. You can also use the following special characters: . (dot), _ (underscore), and @ (at sign). Other special characters, non-alphanumeric characters, and spaces are not allowed.
- Provide a password that is at least 8 characters in length and contains at least 1 letter and 1 number. Spaces are not allowed. Your password is case sensitive.
- Click Create Account.
- Provide a name for your organization.
You can change the organization name later if you want.
- Provide a short name for your organization.
It can contain between 1 and 16 characters and include letters, numbers, and hyphens (-). Special characters other than hyphens (-) and spaces are not allowed. The text is used to create your organization's URL. It is required.
- Choose the language for members of your organization.
The language determines how the user interface as well as the way time, date, and numerical values appear. Members can change the language through their profile page. If you allow anonymous access to your site, consider setting your organization's language to Browser Default. This setting uses the language of the browser that accesses the site. You can change the language for the organization later if you want.
- Choose the region for your organization.
Region determines the default basemap gallery, default basemap, and the default extent for new maps. (You can also specify your organization's basemaps and map extent through the map configuration.) You can change the region for the organization later if you want.
- Select the option to allow access to the organization through HTTPS only.
HTTPS ensures that your organization's data as well as any temporary identification tokens that allow access to your data are encrypted during communications over the Internet. You can configure security settings later if you want.
- Check the Contact Us box and provide a website URL or mailto: link for the custom contact link at the footer of the site. Be aware that if your organization allows anonymous access, anybody who finds your URL will be able to see your contact information. Uncheck the box to hide the contact link. The Contact Esri link always appears in the footer; you cannot hide it.
- For Esri User Experience Improvement Program, check the box to allow ArcGIS Online to collect usage information from members of your organization to improve the user experience.
ArcGIS Online works continuously to improve its products, and one of the best ways to find out what needs improvement is through customer feedback. The Esri User Experience Improvement program (EUEI) allows your organization to contribute to the design and development of ArcGIS Online. The program collects information about the usage of ArcGIS Online, including hardware and browser characteristics, without interrupting work. The program is completely optional and anonymous; none of the information collected is used to identify or contact members of your organization.
- Click Save and Continue.