ArcGIS Earth Android (alpha)
This mobile version of ArcGIS Earth on an Android device is optimized for quickly browsing 2D and 3D content in both offline and online modes. The mobile version of ArcGIS Earth allows users to:
- Browse 2D and 3D content from an Android device
- Collect and share information in the field
- Perform interactive 3D analysis
- Simulate walking in a 3D scene
Interactive analysis in 3D
ArcGIS Earth1.8 introduces the following 3D analysis capabilities:
- Elevation profile—Create a profile graph to visualize elevation change over a continuous distance.
- Line of sight—Perform interactive line of sight analysis from point or camera, and play animations.
- Viewshed—Perform interactive viewshed analysis from point or camera, and play animations.
- 3D measure—Measure horizontal, direct, and vertical distance between two points in 3D.
ArcGIS Earth 1.8 includes the following new feature capabilities:
- Support to perform interactive analysis including elevation profile, line of sight analysis and viewshed analysis
- Support to merge web scene and web map layers to ArcGIS Earth
- Support to measure distances in 3D
- Published ArcGIS Earth to the Microsoft Store
- Added bookmarks so you can save a specific location and refer to it later
- Added explore mode to explore an area of interest with predefined flight paths
- Support to add layer by entering its portal item URL
- Support feature collection
ArcGIS Earth 1.8 includes the following enhancements:
- Improved support for drawing
- Select and edit properties from a scene
- Added measurement information for drawing lines and polygons
- Added segment distances information for drawing lines
- Create an elevation profile for drawing lines from the table of contents
- Improved support for measuring
- Display the segment distances along the line
- Create an elevation profile for a measured line or path
- Improved support for geosearch
- List available locators configured in the connected portal
- Added XY Provider option to locate x,y coordinates
- Save search result as a placemark in the table of contents
- Specify a customized startup view
- Identify scene layers
- Add TPK with LERC compression tilling scheme as a terrain surface
- Added a Clear Workspace function
- View item details for basemap and terrain layers
- Automation API updates, see API release notes for details.