Welcome to ArcGIS Earth
ArcGIS Earth provides a lightweight, easy-to-use interface for an immersive 3D experience that complements the capabilities of ArcGIS Pro and Scene Viewer with a focused experience for working with geospatial data on the globe. ArcGIS Earth allows anyone in the enterprise to quickly view 3D maps over the Internet or behind a firewall. With ArcGIS Earth, you can do the following:
- Sign in to ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise for Esri RESTful services, and manage portal connections
- Use Esri basemaps and Living Atlas of the World content, connect to OGC WMS and WMTS services, or display local data in 3D, including KML layers, tile packages, scene layer packages, and more.
- Perform interactive 3D analysis, including elevation profile, line of sight analysis, and viewshed analysis.
- Draw and measure simple geometries in 3D.
- Save your work as a workspace or an image locally, or share it with others.
Download and install ArcGIS Earth
To install ArcGIS Earth, complete the following steps:
- Review the ArcGIS Earth system requirements to verify operating system and hardware prerequisites.
- Download ArcGIS Earth from the home page.
- Start the ArcGIS Earth installation program and click Next when you're ready to proceed.
- Review the license agreement and accept it if you agree. Click Next to continue with the installation. You must exit if you do not agree with the terms.
- Specify the installation context under which ArcGIS Earth will be installed, either per machine (all users) or per user. Click Next to continue.
- Click Change to specify the installation folder or click Next to accept the default location.
Note that if the installation folder is changed, neither ArcGIS nor ArcGIS Earth is appended to the modified path. It is recommended that you include a folder in the custom installation location and not use the root location of a drive.
- Click Next to use the default configuration settings, or select Specify Configuration File and click Browse to import a modified configuration file (download the sample configuration file and edit configurable parameters).
- Click Install to start the installation.
- Click Finish to close the wizard when the installation completes. Leave the Run ArcGIS Earth now check box checked if you want to immediately start the application.
For ArcGIS Earth to be installed per user on supported Windows Server operating systems, the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer must contain the REG_DWORD data type DisableMSI, with a value of 0. For more information, see the MSDN topic DisableMSI.
Install ArcGIS Earth silently
ArcGIS Earth can be installed without a user interface (UI) by running the setup using Windows Installer command line parameters.
Install ArcGIS Earth silently using command line parameters
The following are the command line parameters that can be used when executing ArcGISEarth.msi. Use these with the MSI command line options as needed. The parameters are case sensitive and should be used as defined below.
The ArcGIS Earth installation location. If not specified, the installation location is %System Drive%\Program Files\ArcGIS\Earth in the case of a per-machine installation, and %System Drive%\%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Programs\ArcGIS\Earth in the case of a current user instance (see the ALLUSERS parameter).
Defines the installation context of the ArcGIS Earth setup, where ALLUSERS=1 specifies a per-machine installation and ALLUSERS=2 is a per-user instance. If this parameter is not specified, the silent installation defaults to per user.
If a user without administrative privileges attempts to set this to 1, the installation fails.
If importing a configuration file, specify CONFIGFILE=UseConfigFile at the command line. There are no other valid values for this parameter.
Used in conjunction with CONFIGFILE=UseConfigFile, this parameter allows you to specify an ArcGIS Earth configuration file to be installed to <Installdir>\Earth\bin. Note that the file you select will be renamed in the bin directory as config.xml. The CONFIGPATH parameter must contain the full path to and name of the configuration file.
Perform a typical silent installation of ArcGIS Earth
Run the following from a command line to install ArcGIS Earth in the per-machine (all users) context:
msiexec.exe /i <setup staging location>\ArcGISEarth.msi ALLUSERS=1 INSTALLDIR="C:\MyArcGISEarth\" CONFIGFILE=UseConfigFile CONFIGPATH=\\networkmachine\earthconfigs\config.xml /qb
The /qb switch provides the basic UI of the progress status and error handling; /qr provides a reduced UI; and /qn provides no UI at all. For full details, refer to the MSDN Command-Line Options topic.